GH: Actors on a break

• Members

Because he does this all the time in a variety of ways and never learns or listens. Anything he sees he posts whether or not it's obviously fake or has been posted very recently before, because he wants to feel like 'he' posted it 'first'. It's not that serious, but it is annoying.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

THIS.

I definitely agree that S/B still have a decent size fan base and those scenes when she came back and they talked about the letter (kudos to Ron for remembering how she left last time) were good scenes. As was her rivalry with Carly during that Nurses Ball. That said...if Brenda was to come back, I liked the idea already discussed because that story writes itself versus this Kim stuff. Barring that, it would be nice to see Brenda back and being her own person BEFORE getting with someone NEW before someone (Sonny or Jax) complicate it. 

• Members

Sonny and Brenda are still viable.  They have mad chemistry, but it's same old, same old if he remains in the mob.  It's a deal breaker for Brenda so I feel like they would almost only be endgame when he leaves the mob for HER.  Jax and Brenda were still an option until the 2013 return.  Sucks they bled both couples dry. 

Edited by carolineg

• Members

I don't even like Sonny (and I despise him now) or Brenda much, much less the couple, and the show was regularly a shitheap by 2010-2011, but several of their key scenes in her return that year was some of the best work either ever did. And their final scenes together as Sonny told her power was all that lasted that he could hold onto in his life, not love, were incredible.

From that point on any other romance with Sonny - for Brenda or anybody else - became pointless, because that scene is the crux of the character today. That is who he is. If he couldn't give it up for Brenda or his children he'll never give it up for anyone. Unless you are able to convincingly present Sonny as a man willing to reforge his entire life and state of being beyond that power complex he's had since childhood, there is nothing to talk about.

He is marking time with Carly because they are safe and familiar to each other, and to me the only way he could approach a realistic happy ending or character change is to pay for at least some of his crimes, give up the mob and throw himself at Brenda's feet. And even that would probably never be enough.

Edited by Vee

• Members

It's a beautiful scene.  When Brenda just sums it up so easily. I love you but just don't like you anymore. And when he says I will love forever  I just die inside  But it will never change the intrinsic problem in their relationship: the mob.  He's is biding time with Carly, but S&B are endgame.

• Members

That is exactly why S/B/J are played out.  Sonny hasn't changed at all since they broke up.  There is 0 reason for Brenda to get back with him.  She would  be an idiot to do that.  And I love Jax and Brenda but he is a clearly a placeholder for Brenda until Sonny becomes available and it's a bad look on the two characters.  There is nowhere to  go with them.  Brenda can come back with someone new, but  I really only see her coming back when GH is cancelled to whisk Sonny off into the sunset.

• Members

The Sonny/Brenda ship has sailed I suppose, at least until the very end I suppose. Laura's Carly could basically be Brenda (if you wrote her differently, of course, but so many times I could picture Brenda in Carly's place). 2013 was the time to reunite them, IMO. They could have been a staple couple. I just don't ever think Carly and Sonny should have been "endgame".

I doubt they revisit S/B/J/C but who knows? 

Exactly.

It's easier to believe Carly sticking with him but that pairing doesn't really thrill me and hasn't (at least with Laura in the role). But imagine if Brenda had been in Carly's place all these years? But then again, if backstage politics didn't dictate things, we should still have Sarah Brown as Carly ... but that's a rant for another day lol

• Members

This is like prime soap magazine days.  One mention of Brenda and she’s all anyone is talking about.

I miss her, but the show as it is would not be a good fit for her today.  Better to watch some clips from the past.

That clip Vee posted-  Guza was a good writer.  The writing was strong, it just wasn’t a GH I wanted to watch anymore.  But that scene was pretty great.  And not just Sonny’s point of view.  Also- he and Laura’s Carly have so much more chemistry as friends.

Edited by titan1978

• Members

I always believed Guza sorta made Carly the de facto Brenda when VM left (except without the good personality traits).  I NEVER thought S/C should ever be the endgame couple.  What a disappointment, but now with VM being gone for years now I can honestly say I don't care.  I don't think Carson are that great, but they don't offend me like some couples.  They are just there.  I don't feel any type of way about them.

Talking about Brenda is literally more exciting than anything on current GH lol.  Guza is a very good writer.  He just needs an EP like Wendy Riche to keep him in line.  JFP let him run wild.  I always thought he wrote decent material for S/B/J until 2010 where he clearly want to pair his two favorite pets Dante and Brenda.  He wrote my favorite Brenda/Sonny scene ever.

The whole episode is awesome, but if this is where it ended for S/B I would have been okay with that.  Honestly, this was a perfect ending for the Sonny character in general.  Got all the power he wanted but never the woman he loved or a family.  THE END.

• Members

I really never enjoyed Guza. I credit the scriptwriters more than him, personally. But he could at least tell a story, whether I liked it or not. But yeah, he needed an EP and maybe a co-HW with some heart. JFP and Guza were toxic together. They gutted the core of General Hospital completely. It's never ever been the same. I can't forgive that, "good" writing or not.

Edited by KMan101

• 3 weeks later...