Actors who have never been nominated for an Emmy

• Members

There is among fan lore the concept of the DOOL Curse, or put another way a long-running bias against the show when it comes to Emmys. Only thing is I think that it's absolutely true, that there is a bias in place against the show when it comes to Emmys. I'm sure there have been times when people did not think Emmy & DAYs with an = sign between the two words because they were doing stories that didn't have the gravitas that seemed to go with the statue & I've always thought it was a crying shame because the show has never lacked for sheer acting talent & their players are just as hard-working as anyone else's. Of course, this most recent win in Writing may signal a change in both Emmy & WGA mindset. One of the reels submitted was that start day with Doug in Marlena's office being evaluated for possible Alezheimers when the Devil appeared, and yes, it is about demonic possession but it's also a great piece of soap writing!

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Awww! I loved Princess Gina! She was so sweet. I think I lost interest after it had been goning on and on and finally revealed that that the real Princess Gina was alive or something? God, that's been a long time ago. I wish I could remember better, but I enjoyed her. She was nice alhough her, "I shall indeed", "I shall", "Indeed ... I shall!" got on my last nerve. It's like god, lady. Let's come up with some new lines and make 'em fresh, ya know? Cause by the end, I was "shall indeed-ed" out, dawg.

Edited by Noel

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I think there's a very good reason a lot of these people didn't receive nominations until a lot of soaps received the death notice. KKL and Lauren Koslow's hush baby sexy talk could not compete against Kim Zimmer or Erika Slezak or Nancy Lee Grahn.

Not to mention the sci-fi plots or rotating sex scandals. It didn't give actresses like them much room to show range, even Susan Lucci as over-the-top Erica got to show a more wide range of emotions (she had a very full inner life and so many friendships, romances and rivalries to play with) outside of her Emmy bait stories.