Actors who have never been nominated for an Emmy

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Can I Nominate Laura Koffman aka Bonarrigo from OLTL? I revisited Kassie DePaiva's (then Wesley) early years as Blair and got a good look at Cassie's Story at the time, miscarriage-adoption-breakdown, i thought she was pretty good and deserved recognition! But was never once indicated

Jensen Buchanan was indicated twice for Her work as Vicky Love Hudson, which means her reels must've been pretty good, but I think she deserved a nod far more for Sarah's RAPE on OLTL than for 75% of her work on AW

Deidre Hall and Robin Strasser were nominated a few times in the early 1980's but both Were never nominated to the Emmys after 1985 and they DID deserve some

Katherine Kelly Lang deserved a Nomination LONG before she got her first one

Was Andrea Evans Ever Indicated?

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I'd have given Carmen Duncan a Best Supporting Actress Emmy for this scene:

The other absolute shame is that Louise Sorel didn't garner a Best Supporting Actress nomination for the Buried Alive storyline. This scene was worthy, she was terrifying:

I also think Lauren Koslow should have been nominated for Best Supporting Actress for her work as Kate on DAYS twice. Once, during the 1998 storyline where she framed Sami for Franco's shooting, and again in 2009 when Kate married Stefano. 

• Members

Yes, she received a Pre-Nomination that year as Lead Actress. To me, that was the wrong category but DAYS hasn't had a lot of luck getting its actors nominated over the years.

Her fellow Pre Nominee in 2009 was Renee Jones, another actress who should have received an Emmy nomination for the Zach storyline where Lexie turned toward her Dimera roots. She did a lot of very good work in those years and would have had a plethora of scenes to choose from. 

Kristian Alfonso should have been nominated for Zach's death (anyone else remember that primal scream?). She was only nominated once the mid 80s for Younger Actress and I can understand why she wasn't nominated since, but those scenes were exceptional. 

• Members

I think she was way over the top in that scene and throughout most of her AW tenure. But I acknowledge I was not an objective observer. I was always thinking of how Beverlee would have played Carmen's scenes -- and that was unfair.

I grew to like Carmen, though I never bought her as the Iris I knew.  

• Members

Yeah, you said it! I really really liked Carmen Duncan, RIP. But, she could never be the goddess that was Beverlee, also RIP. GL got to have Bev setting some new standard for Spaulding women & I'd just 'druther have had her back with us. I feel like TEXAS robbed the mother ship & then it didn't turn out so good for her! Beverlee & Victoria are my two grudges that neither of them ever got an Emmy, although both did get nods, 4 yrs in a row for Beverlee, and one strange yr when both BM & VW were up & Irene Dailey took the statue home. I mean, who knew?!! Aunt Liz was a Supporting Role! 3 nominees in one category from AW?!!

• Members

Indeed! And For When Shawn was believed dead too, I might be A Minority here but I Also think she deserved a Nomination for her Work During the Original Princess Gina Storyline in The 1990's she did a Fine Job showing the difference Between Gina and Hope, it's a pity the Storyline was ultimately too long and dragged up (I understand it suffered from 2 Changes in Writers) and Even more demeaned by the Cheap Revivals