Soap characters who didn't sleep with the same people as their family members

• Members

Credit to NothinButAttitude for suggesting this topic, and I thought it would be fun. Characters sleeping with the same people as their sister, mother, aunt, brother, father, uncle, or cousin is common on soaps, so can you name some characters who never shared with their relatives?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Sisters Mary & Siobhan Ryan (RH), MJ, Cheryl, & Kathleen McKinnon (AW) Annie & Dee Stewart (ATWT) as well as Meredith & Victoria Lord (OLTL), never swapped spit with the same stud.  And brothers Paul & Steve Williams (Y&R), Cass & Morgan Winthrop (AW), and Mac & Robert Scorpio (GH) have never been to bed with the same beauty. 

Honestly, Mary is a bit of a cheat since she died early in the run of the show, and Siobhan had a mild flirtation with Jack, Steve is a priest, and Meredith Lord was institutionalized before she could have many romances.

In the "sort of" column, we have (AW) John & Michael Hudson, (because John's affair with Donna was never confirmed on screen), and (DAYS) Bo & Roman Brady/John Black (both because Bo & Roman have never technically been with the same woman, and whatever John & Hope/Princess Gina did in that submarine didn't cause conception). 

This tiny list was compiled after an hour of searching soap siblings who were never in a love triangle.  It is very difficult to find soap brothers or soap sisters (ranging from twins to half-siblings) who have not infringed on each others territory.  

Edited by j swift

• Members

The whole Spectra clan on B&B never shared any lovers.
Thank God the show never did a Sally/Macy/Thorne, Sally/Clarke/Macy or Clarke/CJ/Random Logan/Forrester woman triangle. (And ditto to a Massimo/Jackie/Ridge triangle back in the day 

Please register in order to view this content

) On today's B&B, that would surely happen.

The only exception might be Macy and Darla who were both married to Thorne, but at least Darla wasn't biologically related to Macy.
Kimberly was briefly interested in Thorne, but that was more or less stalking on her side instead of a romance.

Did Felicia and Kristen Forrester ever share any lover? I don't think so, and they were hardly together on screen anyway.

Edited by Huntress

• Members

Three more: (digging deep into the recesses of my memory)

Loving - The Donovan siblings Stacey & Noreen and Doug & Mike never swapped partners

Capitol - Trey & Jordy Clegg were never in a triangle

SB - Mason & Ted were the only Capwell brothers who never locked lips with the same lover.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Noreen wasn't around long enough ( in either incarnation), and she was a Vochek, Jim and Merrill's sister. She and Merrill (that lasted even less time than Noreen) didn't share anyone either.  II believe Noreen's main interests were Mike Donovan and DA Warren Hodges (though I may be wrong about Warren).

• Members

Agreed, Noreen is a stretch, given her lack of longevity.  However, I would also place Brenda and Julia Barrett in the same category.  Also, I ruled out partial siblings who never met until they were adults such as AMC's Skye Chandler & Hailey Santos, AW's Larry & Catlin Ewing or ATWT's Tom Hughes & Scott Eldridge.

Edited by j swift

• Members

No. I don't think either slept with Eddie. I think Katie tried and may have planted a condom to convince Georgia they had, and I think Eddie kissed Margo (and then Emily managed to convince Tom they slept together and Margo had gotten pregnant by him) but neither did. They made a HUGE deal of Katie being a Virgin when she slept with Simon (which was long after Eddie had left town). 

I don't think Lily and Sierra ever slept with the same guy. Although God knows ATWT came awfully close to Craig/Lily at the end. Unless Sierra slept with McCouch's Dusty, which I'm a little vague on. 

Carly and Gwen, ATWT. (And props to Jack for never dipping into Carly's gene pool. That's a rarity. Though he and Molly did once seriously dry hump once.) 

Edited by P.J.

• Members

No, although Brenda sort of flirted with AJ (who Julia had an affair with) before Sonny.  AJ was weirdly jealous of Sonny and Brenda at the beginning.  Julia also was implied to have dated Jerry Jax off screen in the 90's before CRAZY Jerry hit in the 2000's but they never shared men.