Jimmy Kimmel Presents Norman Lear's "The Jeffersons" and "All in the Family" Live on ABC

Vee

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Nancy also participated in a terrible Lifetime Christmas movie that Kim Fields starred and produced a few years ago. All the other women had a small role in that too (though I think Nancy's scenes were all remote and not in actual scenes with the other FOL women). 

By all accounts, the FOL women still seem close and in contact with one another. I know they often refer to one another as "sisters."  

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

No you cannot. Though there is zero physical resemblance, I think the late Bernie Mac would have made for a good Fred Sanford. Much of what made the character so hilarious was Redd’s unique cadence. I can imagine Bernie delivering Fred’s dialogue: “I could stick your face in some dough and make some gorilla cookies.”

Kim Wayans would be a good Esther.

• Members

Yes, your explanation is better than mine. "Cadence" is exactly it. The only people who can duplicate that slow-moving crustiness aren't actors, they're the ones actually living that life. There are a couple of ma-maws and pa-paws that I've seen on TikTok who would be perfect. I'm so out of touch with who's who these days that I can't even begin to think of people who could play them or others from other shows.

Remember about 20 years ago there was The Rerun Show on, I think NBC? The cast was made up of a lot of SNL/MADtv types, and episodes were hit or miss, but I remember thinking it was hilarious (as a 12 year old). I recall them doing episodes of Facts, Strokes, Bewitched, Jeffersons, One Day at a Time, etc.

• 3 weeks later...