GH and Y&R Casting News

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I’m at a loss. I loved Michelle Stafford as Phyllis, but she was so disinterested in the role her past couple years and it showed. I thought her acting was good on GH even though her character was pointless. Gina was such a good Phyllis I honestly forgot she was a recast. I don’t think this was needed. Hmmmm. It’s interesting for sure but I don’t know what to think. 

• Members

Wow ok. GT deserves better. I’m not a Phyllis fan regardless of who plays her, but I recognize she’s a pivotal character on the canvas that Sony has built over the past 20 years. MS does embody the character, and now they can play more of the history. But the tics. GT has her share of affectations, but MS takes the cake. I do agree Jason Thompson is a marked man with this news. 

Preach. I think if this next pairing bombs, they may consider it.

• Members

Gina Tognoni was definitely miscast as Phyllis but ugh, Michelle Stafford is shady as sh*t and last time around she seemed to give zero effort in her final appearances, she made it quite obvious that she didn't want to be paired with PB, who she had her best chemistry with. 

MS could be good when reined in but whew, when she's not...Y&R better make sure they have a director who knows her/his stuff because, whew, MS is a doozy!

I haven't been watching and see no reason to tune in (other than the tribute episodes for Neil/KSJ), so you'll have to let me know how this turns out.

• Members

Re: Heinle. If Billy Miller also jumps ship from GH and returns, we know she’s absolutely safe beyond a shadow of a doubt. None of AH’s pairings since BM have worked, and they’ve got to be aware of that.

Between the new Nate and this, sounds like they are really looking at their cast and seeing who’s working and who’s not. They’re not afraid to recast if an actor isn’t clicking but the role is needed.

Edited by Faulkner