Days: March 2019 Discussion Thread⌛

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ciara and Ben make me gag. Surprised they didn't make him take off his shirt when Rex gave him the shot.

I thought they'd at least give it a week with the evil eye thing before Will started getting symptoms of a coincidental illness.

• Members

Watching Monday's episode and JC's Diana really just chews all the scenery.  I too try to imagine Genie playing this and I assume it would have been so much better.  JC's Diana is not someone I could ever see John being in love with.  She is just so harsh and I am unsure why she is still so enthralled with John after 30 years.  Plus the writing doesn't help.  It was such a rushed story.  She really just flipped the switch to crazy murderer in the span of a week.  Did she think a wayward son was going to break up John and Marlena like that?

I continue to enjoy Leo and felt bad for him.  I actually don't mind GR on Days while I loathed him on Y&R.

I am not sold on Brandon Barash.  I may be the one person on earth who prefers TC.  Although I never like Johnny on GH either.  And loved TC's Nik (the early years not the checked out version he was the last years on GH).  The character of Stefan is still crap regardless.

I seriously forgot Marlena and Kate were friends.  Really random her popping up at Marlena's beside since I don't even think she was invited to John and Marlena's wedding.  Also didn't Kate and John have a thing for awhile? 

I agree with those who don't get Ben and Ciara.  I guess they have some chemistry, but there is so much wrong with their romance.  I guess good for Days for having a new couple that is actually popular. 

• Members

You're not alone. I never minded TC; I just hated the Gabby plot and Stefan was never fully formed before they had him twirling his mustache as the resident town villain. 

I liked when they had that brief Marlena, Kayla, Valerie, Kate evening together. So stupid of them to let go of Vanessa Williams... I'm hoping she'll pop back up in Salem once Abe and Sheila start their inevitable relationship... 

• Members

Thanks  I thought I was the only one who liked TC.  I have a soft spot for him because he was so hot and brooding as teen Nik.  I think he is a decent actor despite whatever personal issues he has.  I dislike Chabby (especially MM) so I was never going to like the story regardless of TC.

I knew Marlena and Kate were friends especially in the 90's but it's a relationship shown so infrequently I forget about it.   I watched the show so on and off  over the last few years I forget if they are friends or frenemies.

I don't get why they let Vanessa Williams go.  But I am puzzled by a lot of casting decisions.  I am not sure why Shawn and Belle aren't brought back full time..  There is also a weird gap in ages between the younger crowd (JJ, Claire, Tripp, Ciara) and the late 30's crowd (Brady, Eric, Rex, Leo, Chloe etc).  There is no one in between.  Maybe Sarah and Ben?  Elani?  I guess Will, Sonny, and Gabi qualify too but I feel like there should be more people in there late 20's early 30's in the cast.

I also don't mind this reliance on vets, but Days needs more popular young characters because the show isn't going to survive if they have to rely on John and Marlena to bring their best stories every year.  The DH's aren't getting any younger.  Too bad the Jen/Jack story is basically a non starter.

• Members

Ok this is from Feb but its so cute

Catching up on my stories. Proud of my wife @Chrishell7. Looks like she’s here to save a pretty young woman that’s tied to a bed. Good on you J! @nbcdays #DOOL

10:58 PM - 22 Feb 2019

• Members

What was the appeal with Tyler Christopher as Stefan? I like him a lot more than some on here do (and I LOVED him in his very first run on GH and each time he left I championed him coming back), but the guy was checked out. I feel badly for his personal issues, I've seen the battle of addiction first hand with family. It's a tough addiction and I do feel for him. But all he thought about was pizza. He wasn't menacing in the role. He was creepy. I also think he was the wrong age range for the character. Barash would have been more believable as a contemporary to Chad and Abby. But I knew the character was doomed from the start being stuck in that mess. And he was. And they're cutting their losses (sadly after I start to actually show interest in the character .... this is the problem with writing the show 9 months in advance and filming six months ahead of time)

Is TC maybe a better actor than BB? Sure. I'd say that. But I think BB was perfectly cast as Stefan. I laughed when TC played tough. He does brooding better. Stefan needs to be more than a pathetic creep who falls for a wig. 

Archived