Days: March 2019 Discussion Thread⌛

• Members

I just like TC as an actor better.  I agree TC has been checked out for a long time but he was one of my favorites as teen Nik.  I think BB is probably better casting agewise, but I don't think he's that good looking or charming.  BB is very smug to me, which I guess works for the role.  I thought Johnny Z on GH was a super lame character.  He was hot with Olivia though.  I did like that and his bromance with Ethan.  Realistically, Johnny hooked up with a crazy DID lady with Connie/Kate, so I am sure he can play Stefan. There is just nothing I really like about BB.  He's an adequate soap actor that's passably good looking, but he's nothing special to me.

It literally comes down to my personal preference because your points are valid, but I have more of an emotional connection to Tyler because I like him and basically grew up with him on GH.  Hope he cleans himself up and returns to GH someday.

Sidenote-What the hell was Haley wearing today?  That was one ugly romper type thing.  I know only Gabi, Chloe and Lani manage to look good but that olive green thing was just hideous on a young pretty girl.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I haven’t seen this week’s episodes but I liked TC as Stefan as well. I missed most of his time on the show because I refused to watch another Ron DID love story, but I think he had good chemistry with Nadia and Camilla. The character is unfortunately a mess. I never got the feeling he was checked out.

• Members

I agree on the emotional connection. I've always liked TC. I was happy to hear he was coming onto DAYS. I guess I just feel like he was kind of wrong for the role. But the writing for him really didn't help. I felt he would make a better Alamain than DiMera and I knew putting him with Marci and Billy would kill the character from the start, and it did. Barash, for me, just suits being a DiMera better. I feel he plays it more like how I'd want to see. Anywho ... just preference I guess in terms of the character. But I guess the character itself was pretty doomed from the start (not a shock, so many soap vets have been unbelievably wasted on DAYS ....)

Barash isn't necessarily charming in the same way TC can be charming. Barash plays the smarmy charm. I don't know, I just feel he fits the role so much better. I have always liked TC but I don't think it worked out.

EDIT: I guess what I'm saying is that Barash plays a creepy dude better .. lol. I don't know. I guess just preference. And some of it is I'll always want and prefer TC as Nikolas on GH, even though he has been checked out for a while (a long while).

• Members

If true, I'd love that. He's not really talking like he's done but it sounded like he was supposed to be out. Maybe they changed their mind?

Still taping doesn't mean he's not eventually going to be out though. Greg just wrapped up taping so we'll probably see Leo until September ...

• Members

Sorry, but I have to LOL when someone says Brandon Barash isn’t good looking or that he can’t act.

if you like TC, fine. I like him, too — when he’s sober and trying. Unfortunately, TC has always gone through periods when his apathy and boredom show, and that’s just not acceptable.

BB isn’t awesome, but he is good, and he consistently brings it while also looking great.i’ll take that any day.

• Members

Today was pretty boring.  I don't really care much about Jordan and this baby thing or Cin having an awkward sponge bath in the world's most uncomfortable looking hospital bed, but I have to take note of the hilarious fact that Claire owning a lighter is sooo suspicious to everyone.  How does everyone else in Salem light candles?  With matches?   It's kind of weird she keeps it in her jewelry box still after getting caught with it once, but it's literally non evidence.  I have like 4 lighters in my house and I have set 0 cabins on fire.

• Members

Yeah it was (and I haven't seen any of this week lol). I was mixing up his being done with being done taping, silly me wasn't making the connection LOL

Please register in order to view this content

I have my moments ... lol 

• Members

I wish Greg Rikkart the best. He was entertaining as Leo. And in his last few scenes with John/Marlena/Diana he did show a more vulnerable side. I did actually get the sense he would have embraced them as family if he really had been John's son. Also, I am liking Hope and Ted, and think that Hayley has chemistry with Tripp.

Also, going back for a moment and revisiting the conversation some of us were having some days back regarding discussing whether Freddie should have a beard or not. Well, it looks like the Days head of hair and makeup are the ones who make him shave. I wasn't sure if that was his choice or not. It looks like it really isn't.  He posted this pic on Instagram today, saying he's going to pitch to them to let Sonny wear a beard. I hope he does and that works. He also needs to pitch to them to stop slicking back his hair:

Please register in order to view this content

They really do need to do better on how they style him and other men on this show. 

• Members

Was there an implication that Ciara...*pleasured* Ben when she crawled into bed with him? I had flipped the channel and flipped back when Kayla walked in. When she asked,  "How's the hand?", I almost spit out my coffee. 

Archived