Days: March 2019 Discussion Thread⌛

• Members

I kept waiting for Tony to stroll in during the Andre murder story and when Anna was running around with his urn, but, nope

Please register in order to view this content

I feel like something changed directions around the time Andre was killed last year and then Vivian was "killed" ... I feel like Ron was going to do more there but then ... didn't

I miss Tony.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Marlena episode was kind of silly but at the same time it beats yet another day of boring Will/Sonny, Ben propping, Stefan being forced as a romantic lead, and minutes-long flashbacks from the episode that just aired the day before.

I did crack up at the fake scene where Leo is like, "I'm thirsty" and Will throws water on him

Imagine how hard we'd be dragging this if it aired today lol.

• Members

It has been a mess. I actually don't hate the idea of Jack needing saving from himself, which is where Jennifer should come into play, and I think the goal is to sort of "start over" with them, having Jack be more like he was when he first came on, pursue politics, etc. But I think the writing remains lacking in certain aspects. It's not all that compelling. I also really didn't want to sit through another story of Jennifer lecturing and berating Jack. I think the bones of a good story were there, but it's been a bit of a let down. And Eve really needs to be knocked down.

But apparently this is a show that has someone editing out family scenes for John, Marlena and their kids. Eric can't pray for her. John or Brady can't be seen calling Sami (when it's written in the script). It's bizarre. So they are trying to include family moments. It's weird. I wonder who has the agenda against them?

And I read that Bo was written in script as basically a dead beat dad. I missed when he was being talked about so I can't speak to it, but, I mean ... really? Bo was gone for like two years, and at least a year of that was helping Caroline ... and the last year I guess he was held hostage and basically dying of cancer. I mean ... what? Did it play better than I'm reading into it?

I know in that time, Ciara was aged so I guess we're supposed to pretend Bo was absent for like 5-10 years? Um, no. And then he died. It's not like he's out and about living some carefree bachelor life.

Bringing back Diana, now a bitter old witch. Could've worked with better writing and casting. Judith Chapman played Diana as she was Anjelica Deveraux.  Marlena giving Leo a check for $500. So he can pay for his room at the Salem Inn was funny.  The Salem Inn must be cheap. Chloe singing opera to the all new all different Stefan felt meh to me. As well as her making out with Brady. All the romances feel hallow. I couldn't help but feel sorry for Leo. When he learned John wasn't his father.  

• Members

I don’t watch regularly — saw two episodes last week when I had work off. The romances have no rooting value and the characters themselves are extremely unlikeable. Leo was fun though. IMO, Judith Chapman was playing the exact same role she played on Y&R. I wasn’t impressed. 

• Members

Such crap.

I'm shocked I didn't see someone bashing Ron on Twitter for it (instead of you know, the script writer). Lots of things get by Ron, sadly. He actually is trying in many regards ... perfect? LOL hardly ... but I feel like he is trying.

Honestly? I tried picturing Genie Francis (lets say GH never brought her back and somehow DAYS convinced her to come back and play a nutso basket case) and I feel like it would have been FAR more compelling.

I know many enjoy Chapman hamming it up and some of it was kind of funny and slightly entertaining, but it all felt like such a waste of time. Personally. And yeah, it felt like Gloria a lot of times. Maybe a bit more "menacing" (as menacing as Chapman can be). I would have preferred Chapman playing Anjelica again. It was a miss for me for that reason alone.

Leo's been fun but his time feels about up. I know Twitter is stanning him but it's because he's one of the only entertaining things. I get it. I like that he's so free about being gay, just hitting on everyone and saying what a lot of us are thinking ... lol. Meanwhile, Will and Sonny continue to come off as hiding in the closet and secretly hugging each other when no one is around ... When are they all going to start watching Knots Landing reruns?

Brandon instantly elevated the role. He should have been there from the start. He can do menacing, vulnerable, etc. ... perfect choice, IMHO. I'm really kind of pissed he's out (it's really a massive mistake to hire someone, announce their hiring months ahead of time, only for us to learn behind the scenes he's done before he even starts airing ... or maybe he's not done ... has it actually been 100% confirmed he's out?)

Archived