Y&R February 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No way is Y&R going to kill off the only daughter of yet another Abbott woman (remember Colleen?) and it's highly unlikely that they will write Sharon to lose another daughter.

Tess should've been gone six months ago.  I haven't watched this show in forever and even I know that.

• Members

I’d have no problem pairing Mariah with a man, after she’s given the chance to have a proper female love interest with the same type of romance she’d have if she were put with Kyle. If they simply ditched Tessa and had her move onto a man it would piss me off due to the obvious bias. 

Also joining in on the Abby discussion, I personally would prefer Kristen Alderson to the current actress. With her I feel she’s always limited to just be a sounding board. She is so bland and has no range, which is why Abby hasn’t reached her full potential. 

• Members

I honestly wouldn't mind if Kyle/Mariah dumped Lola/Tessa and ended up falling for each other. Though, if they are put together it may be down the line. I could see a nice slow burn love story eventually being written for them, after them being friends for a while. A good foundation has been set for them. With them constantly supporting each other and Kyle helping build up Mariah's confidence. And Mariah still likes men and needs to be with somebody she has chemistry with and that isn't Tessa. IMO, Kyle has chemistry with Mariah and has had chemistry with multiple women, including Hilary and insufferable Lola. 

I do think unfortunately that Kyle and Mariah, (especially Kyle) may both be stuck in their current bad pairings for a while. Unless they get rid of Tessa and/or have Kyle realize he prefers Summer.

• Members

That's a real "turn the gun on myself" moment for me.

There are at least a dozen talented young daytime vets who could take the Abby role and make it a contender, but the writing will remain awful for her because Abby has only ever been considered a bubbleheaded heiress and male eye candy.

• Members

I don't know whether it's the character Mariah or CG herself, but the show seems to see her as a fringe character.  A Kyle and Mariah pairing is a no brainier but they refuse to go there. That they paired her with Kevin and she's the only white woman they actually paired with Devon in his almost 15 years on the show seems the biggest indication of this. 

I also don't mind Mariah being with a man again but I think she needs to be given a fair shot with a woman first. 

As someone else said, to pair her with a man and give that pairing all the story and airtime they never gave her female pairing would appear descriminatory. 

• Members

I thought that her and Kyle looked good standing beside each other today.

IMO, they gave her a real shot with a woman, the pairing just is not good.

Mariah/Tessa got more of a chance at romance, than say Ana has. Heck, IMO they got a more developed romance than Kyle has gotten. This relationship they got him in with Lola, where she has constantly tried and changed him, made him feel bad about himself is not good. 

• Members

I think that teriah had alot of interest at first. But the show kept dragging their feet and lost momentum. Their supporters lost interest.  Then they wrote Tessa as a liar who treated Mariah like crap. That ended it. 

SSM wrote Teriah's. That's probably why it felt more interesting and compelling. But Mal used his same hatchet on them that he used on everyone. 

Ana was brought on for Devon. He's her pairing, for better or worse. However, they both will get romances. They've been cast. 

• Members

I honestly wish that Y&R would have do what Days does and just moved ahead with a new episode today. (And post yesterday's online). In spite of the pre-emption yesterday due to the Cohen hearing. Wednesday's US show that aired today isn't as good as the show that will now air on Friday. The heavy focus on the Rosales family, including Mia making a fool of Rey and the JT stuff isn't definitely isn't as good as what should have aired today.  We've had quite a few pre-emptions the past few months and I wish the show wouldn't keep setting the original airings back. 

Archived