Y&R February 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I liked the Summer/Kyle scenes today. HKK and MM in particular did a nice job of Kyle dealing with his surprise regarding Summer's "ILY" and trying to process that. 

Summer is not my favorite character by any stretch (and I really disliked her the last time around). , but I am glad that she told Kyle she accepts/loves him for who he is. Lola has never said that to him and that is a big problem that him and Lola have. She keeps trying to change him and won't accept him for who he is.  It seems like Summer may continue to try and fight for Kyle, though he his attention is mainly on Lola at the moment. I am interested in seeing how this triangle plays out for this round and when  Kyle may realize he cares about Summer more than he realizes. I wonder what may trigger him examining his feelings for Summer more. 

• Members

I'm back and forth on Summer. I tend to like her when she's vulnerable and shows her human side. The situation with Kyle is relatable. Sometimes you don't know how much you care about someone until they are with someone else.

• Members

I think that she's coming across a lot better this time around, then she did the last time when she was trying to hurt Phyllis/chase after Billy. At least her wanting Kyle makes sense, and especially given they have history. And Kyle wants to be with someone else who doesn't appreciate him and has mistreated him.  Summer trying to bust up her mother's relationship with Billy, when they were together and happy didn't make any sense. But IMO her going after her Kyle after Lola dumped him for the umpteenth time does.

I think that Summer is coming across like she actually does care about Kyle. She even argued for him to see Lola yesterday, because she knew that Lola meant a lot to him. And today she seemed like she cared as well, telling him that she accepts him for who he is, doesn't want to change him. And that she doesn't care if he's mad at her or wants to blame her, she still cares for him.

I hadn't thought him and her had much in the way in regards to chemistry, but their scenes today was far more romantic/soapy than Lola constantly berating him and trying to change him. Kyle still wants Lola for now, and he did tell Summer to stop talking about her feelings for him. But  I think that Summer words had an impact on him. I think he may be kind of touched in a somber manner that somebody likes him as he is. Even if it is Summer and not Lola, who he's more focused on right now. 

I really did like MM's reaction as Kyle in those scenes. 

• Members

Wow, finally watched the Nikki flashback episode and it was the best Y&R ep I've seen in a couple years. Actually, I'm happily surprised to hear all of the classic scores FINALLY being utilized after being neglected for so long. They still stand up to the test of time and have just been music to my ears. 

As for the rest of the show, just meh. 

• Members

Some of us have been busting their balls for years in PM on facebook to make this happen. Trust and believe. It's been a multi-pronged, organized effort. 

I just have to rave here about the Gothic goodness of the crazy Edward clips.... I'm also totally bummed they cut the clip before she threw the ashes all over him!  This show was right there in Dark Shadows territory on many occasions, GOD....John Conboy was a genius. 

• Members

I tweeted with RC Cates, the YR music director. He was careful and diplomatic with his words, but indicated they were given the ok to use the old music cues again. He did not mention Mal or anyone else.

i asked him how it felt to use those cues once more, and he said “inspired,” and that there’s a lot of beautiful music there. He’s getting tons of praise on Twitter for the old stuff, and he said stay tuned for more.

Archived