B&B November 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It feels like every single show had taken a couple steps forward in terms of their black representation (Hilary as Y&R lead, Maya as B&B vixen, Theo as DAYS’ most desired young eye candy, GH with the new black family), but they’ve now taken several steps back to business as usual. Everything feels very tokenized and segregated. It’s almost as if TPTB all said, “You know what’s not working for us? Black people. Let’s put them in their place.” It’s just all so gross.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Enjoying Hunter Tylo / Taylor's return, the character is over the top these days, but brings much camp to the show.  And nice to finally see scenes between her and TK's Ridge. (Was a Tridge fan back in the day, so I have been waiting for scenes, and wasn't disappointed).

• Members
20 minutes ago, clubkidjeff said:

Enjoying Hunter Tylo / Taylor's return, the character is over the top these days, but brings much camp to the show.  And nice to finally see scenes between her and TK's Ridge. (Was a Tridge fan back in the day, so I have been waiting for scenes, and wasn't disappointed).

Is there any chemistry between Thorston and Hunter?

• Members
3 hours ago, Markjeh said:
Please register in order to view this content

I thought the chemistry between Thorsten and Hunter wasn't too bad.  It helps that Thorsten has been smiling more (at least when Ridge is obsessing over Bill) and seems more, I don't know, I can't put my finger on it.  I think he seems more at ease in the role of late.

• Members
1 hour ago, crc said:
Please register in order to view this content

I thought the chemistry between Thorsten and Hunter wasn't too bad.  It helps that Thorsten has been smiling more (at least when Ridge is obsessing over Bill) and seems more, I don't know, I can't put my finger on it.  I think he seems more at ease in the role of late.

Oh yeah I forgot about that!

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • On Soap Opera Network

• Community Posts

• I would be willing to bet that Cady is determined to be there for them if they need her, as long as her schedule & theirs matches up & that's the case with everybody & the only reason any more for people to pursue contracts, it seems. I feel like I like all the parties involved & as long as they're each happy, it's not broken so why worry to fix it? I'm still on edge to find out what else is going to happen to Jennifer Rose this week!!
    • After Cricket's awkward dance, Danny said, "Wow! I've never seen moves like that in my life!"  (I don't think ANY of us had seen anything quite like that before, lol.)  
    • I really appreciate your opinion and take as a Jennifer fan.  I never thought Missy was a bad actress.  I just couldn't recall any particular highs or lows in her acting.  It was very clear MR was so much of Jennifer especially when Stephanie Cameron took over.  The spark was entirely gone with Jen and I am probably the only one that doesn't think SC was horrible.  She just wasn't Jen. I also find your take on wanting Jennifer regardless really nice.  I don't think I would want my favorites recast at all.  I would rather have my actress and my character or not bother.  It's great as a huge fan you can still see past that because I am too petty for that lol. Saying all that, I have never really taken to Cady in any role.  I found Dixie the most annoying, but I can appreciate her talent.  So that could completely cloud my judgement.  The bottom line is Cady as Jennifer is very low on the list with my problems on Days.  I just find her acting very uneven a lot.
    • As a huge Jennifer fan lol, I can only recall Missy really letting Jenn lose it after the bridge blew up and JT fell out of her car during May Sweeps 2001.  She was wild with grief in scenes with Matt Ashford and she & Kris Alfonso did great work when Hope absolutely railed on Jenn. I don’t think Missy is a bad actress—I think she actually makes a lot of really purposeful choices and one of those is to keep Jenn really grounded.  I know some people think it’s a lack of interest, but I think she brings this super haunted, quiet tragic aspect to Jenn, which nicely contrasts her bubbly effervescence (which I know also bugs some people at her age).  And, ya, playing her off and on for 27 years (since she was so young and opposite all the show’s heavy hitters) has really blurred the lines between Missy and Jenn, too obviously.  But I appreciate her subtlety; daytime is filled with actors who lean heavily into histrionics, including this show’s two most acclaimed actresses, Mary Beth and Judi Evans (who I absolutely both love, esp. JE!). I will always want Missy (despite my opinions on HER public opinions), but I want JENN… so I’d be thrilled for Cady to sign a deal if it means we’ll have Jenn full time.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy