Sara Joy Brown on Les Moonves Hurting Her Career

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She's sounding a bit nutty.  Although I think VM sounds a lil crazy herself on twitter.  I have never seen her say a bad word about SJB and it's seems weird she is calling her out about praising someone's wife.  Idk it's kinda a hard thread to follow.  She is just going off and the VM army on twitter will probably come after her.  The MB on too...

I thought she was talking about VM too with that....When she was married to the guy on the CBS show

• Members

I think she has valid things to say about blackballing and abuse, but she is getting a little OOC with the tweets.  If GH/ABC was so awful why was she hired as a completely new character and accepted the job?  It's all murky to me, but I think some of what she is saying is valid and some of it seems a little, how do I say this, conspiracy and paranoid based.  The Saban/Levy thing is weird because even though her daughter is an adult it's kind of awkward to drag the father through the mud now even if true. 

And back to Vanessa why involve her if it happened years ago?  It's not like she tweeted support for Saban's wife yesterday and in fact she backed SJB up when she talked about getting lesser pay.

• Members

She’s releasing parts of the story via Twitter so I can understand why it’s hard to follow. I’d like to hope the work Ronan Farrow is doing with her can make sense of the story so it’s easier to follow. It seems like it’s more than one person and one issue. 

• Members

She is definitely talking about more than one person. I believe her about Les. I remember she talked about it years ago.  I think this fits a common pattern we've seen on twitter.  It has to be very distressing to have someone come after you and ruin your career.  Look at how HW sent Black Cube after Rose McGowan.  I think the stress gets to people after awhile and they end up coming across as erratic.

• Members

Yep. It's so hard on Twitter to get across decades-long multiple issues which are complicated and may be interlinked in some cases. It's hard to make all those connections.

I am confused by her posts too, but from what I can glean:

- Haim Saban owns the Power Rangers franchise which gave SJB her acting start (in VR Troopers and Power Rangers). He had the rep of working his actors like crazy for a pittance, and also has a perv rep too. I'm not sure what happened between SJB and Saban but it sounds like something major. So she quit and went to GH as Carly.

- SJB was also with Shuki Levy (an Israeli like Saban) who composed the music for Power Rangers. Together, they had a daughter Jordan. Seems like there was domestic violence and that prompted her to split with him.

- I don't know whether Saban decided to have Levy's back and get Sarah blackballed in the acting business, and brought in his good pal Les Moonves to initiate that, but it sounds like this might be part of the story.

- Sarah's two homes went up in flames over the course of the past two decades. She implies that foul play was behind that. Linked to whom? Not clear.

- She also says she was sexually assaulted in Brooklyn, but when she asked Brooklyn SUV and DA to investigate, the matter go mysteriously lost of dropped after, it is implied, pressure from on high (Moonves?).

- She says her heart got broken after all these years of trying to make it in the business and feel like she was blocked at every turn. So she had to leave.

This is a really sad state of affairs, and I feel for her.

• Members

To be very honest the ensuing tweets would sound completely deranged - if we weren't talking about the Israelis and the same folks who brought us Black Cube.

I will say the initial story about Moonves/Saban/Levy I absolutely believe. The Cold Case mess stunk at the time. And after Black Cube, this Jew puts nothing past the Israeli dudes.

Archived