Sara Joy Brown on Les Moonves Hurting Her Career

• Members

I also feel like that's the reason her character Claudia was stunted on GH the second time. She was immediately put right back in the same group of characters and then eventually devolved into Carly again. Even when she was put in other pairings, Nikolas for example, even though it worked she was quickly removed and reduced to a Sonny wife.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ronan Farrow published a new article on Les Moonves today.

Assault claims from 6 additional women.

I kept looking for SJB, but she is not mentioned. Again, she stated she's never met Les Moonves.

Even if she's been in contact with Farrow I doubt her story will be published...even though I believe her...it's difficult to prove. 

• Members

I don't think Claudia's story on GH was sabotaged because of Les Moonves and Saban/Levy. I think it was sabotaged because it was poorly conceived from the jump by Guza, hijacked by JFP and turned into one of her pet '90s character intros during the writers' strike, mangled by worse writing by Guza later on and finally, swiftly ended because they'd written the character into a corner in her first months on the show (shooting young Michael). Nothing she was doing with Nikolas, Jason, etc. worked well enough to change that perpetual downward trajectory, and Guza was never going to equalize the writing for Jason or Sonny long enough to give Claudia another chance. She should've been Carly to begin with.

Do I think many of Sarah's other career prospects were sabotaged because Moonves/Saban/Levy, particularly any dealing with Sony/P&G/CBS? Oh hell yes.

• Members

It's such a shame.  Sarah Joy Brown is such a great actress, and it's sad to think she has given up acting.  The best Carly imho.  I loved her on DAYS as Madison James too , and it was bs that she got killed off, since her and Eric Martsolf(Brady) had great chemistry.  I wish DAYS would've had her as Sarah Horton or Melissa Anderson Horton.  I think she'd be great on Y&R.  

BTW can someone correct the spelling of Sarah Joy Brown's name in the Topic Heading.

Archived