Y&R: Josh Griffith is back (confirmed)...

• Members

Once Griffith is made HW again, I can expect a major decision will be made regarding Dina's future. I can see him having her diagnosed with a brain tumor and eventually undergoing surgery to remove it, or he just may kill her off. That's just Griffith, when he gets things right(like Sharon's diagnosis and the cyberbullying storyline/Paul taking in a young ward), he's on point, but when he gets things wrong, he does everlasting harm to the very fabric of the show. 

Was it Griffith that created the characters of Tyler, Leslie, and Mason?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Didn't Paul only have a young ward for about ten minutes?

I thought the idea behind the Tyler/Leslie story was decent but the execution was poor, and Redaric Williams was limited - bad writing did not help him.

• Members

You’re so right about all of this, especially about all the messy, dark, and hating. 

Already I’m tired of hearing Devon hate on Lily, nd now we’re going to get even more of that. While I loved seeing Lily taken down a peg, now it’s overkill and I’m starting to hate Devon.

You’re right about Nick. I’m a Josh Morrow fan, but he has no business dictating story, or being listened to. He says he wants to go dark? Just no. The answer is no.

Mariah, as you said, is aimless. Perfect word for her. She’s nothing but a talk-to, except when she’s talking about COMPLETELY OFF-CAMERA Tessa.

I’m also a fan of Jason Thompson, but he’s never been and will never be a hunk. Having Summer lust over him does not work. JT’s forte is not sexual chemistry.

• Members

Soaps keep recycling trash scribes because they don't care about or want the shows any longer.  They just need someone who can get respectable ratings until viewers are done.  Look at GH testing the waters.  They'd probably cancel before allowing Frank to fire another HW.  

• Members

When I look at the present state of Y&R now, it has many of the hallmarks of soaps that went on to cancellation in less than five years.  I'm not saying I'm right, IJS...

One big red flag is a bunch of new characters in a short amount of time.  And let's not use Bill Bell, the show's creator as a counter example because he was methodical compared to what is happening now and the show, in general didn't suffer in the short term because of his new castmembers because the writing was still compelling from what we've seen of classic episodes. 

Namely, Bell didn't create new characters/families as a last-ditch effort to 'save' the show as what's clearly happening now.

ATWT, for example exhibited these signs a few years before it was canceled and the show's degradation took place over a decade, not in one year.  

I won't post about this again because I get the distinct feeling it may be upsetting to a few posters who still watch the show.

Archived