Cold/Cruel Comments That Made You Laugh

• Members

What comments that were cold/cruel, but made you laugh ? Over on youtube any time someone posts a clip of Dallas that features baby Christopher,  posters will always make cracks at how ugly that baby was and how it always squalled in scenes. I know its awful, but I can't help but laugh at some of them.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I will sadly admit that while I personally thought Kristen Alderson grew up to be a... uniquely? pretty young woman, some of the Datalounge's vicious commentary on her made me cry with laughter. When the DL soap threads thrived many years ago they were brilliant. (They are also where my screen name comes from, but no one has ever guessed the reason.)

• Members

Similar but not exactly what you're asking, but back in the AOL message board days, there were a pack of GL fans were who so obsessed with Matt & Vanessa, but nothing given to them was good enough. Every story given to "Mattessa" wasn't good enough for them. Any character that dared to cause chaos in their lives (Dinah, Beth, etc.) were evil.

And if you actually dared to *enjoy* watching Dinah Marler, there must be something wrong with you as a viewer. You are wrong for enjoying a daughter rail into her mother like that. It was exasperating at the time trying to reason with these folks, but looking back it's so hilarious. Having to defend my sanity as a viewer because I enjoyed watching a villainous character on a soap opera. And the way they would nit-pick on Wendy Moniz was ridiculous (her facial mannerisms and ticks, the way she walked etc.)

I was just glad that years later, coming here to these boards, that I am surrounded by GL fans who loved Wendy Moniz's portrayal of Dinah. 

• Members

Was it Greenlee who told Bianca, “Doing what comes naturally isn’t exactly your strong point”? Greenlee’s homophobia really got downplayed on AMC.

I used to post on Datalounge back in the day as well (Gregorzick and the Cincy Soap Hood!), and while there were a lot of viciously clever posters and some REALLY juicy gossip I later learned to be true, there were also a lot of extremely damaged, toxic, cruel, racist, and self-loathing people there. It got to be too much after a while.

• Members

Re: Datalounge, I actually discovered that site while Googling a soap personality and ended up in a juicy and hilarious thread. I still have a Viki Sleestak thread bookmarked, haven't made my way through it.

• Members

My screen name's source - and sig, which is the giveaway for any DL soap oldtimers - pre-dates that rather labored (IMO) nickname.

The threads there today are mostly fangirls and bigots. I haven't seriously followed them in at least a few years. DL in general has become pretty bad. But in 03-05 they had one very solid OLTL spoiler source. Oh, the old days.

• Members

Diva von Dish, a columnist who always seemed very out of place with SOD even in a more critical era, was clearly not a fan of ATWT and struggled to hide it. "She" (I have no idea who wrote it) repeatedly took jabs at the hair, wardrobe and personalities of the ladies of ATWT, especially poor Iva. 

• Members

I find it's a lot of sad, bitter old men. I used to visit it daily 5-10 years ago, so past the glory days, but I've been turned off every time I've gone recently. TWOP turned into the same thing for me, though populated by a different group of unhappy people.

My contribution to this thread is any time anyone has ever referred to Kristian Alfonso as looking like a horse in the early 2000s. At some point, somewhere, people were calling her character "Horse Brady" like it was her name.

• Members

I miss the message boards at IMDB. I lived for those and visited daily. You could find out some juicy stuff there and hilarious comments. The same thing for the long gone Jump The Shark web site. TV Guide bought it and shut it down. 

Archived