Major Y&R actress out!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not only MiM and now ED but didn't MY claim that people would be seeing TL back onscreen and all people got was Nick in a mask?  

Usually when I read an introductory interview with a new HW or EP, I tend to take it with a grain of salt because, in the beginning, everyone is super-upbeat and end up over-promising and overstating what they're capable of. 

MY though, well past being in the beginning stages of the HW/EP position continues to overstate and overpromise on his abilities and capabilities.  It's really veered into lying at this point.  I don't know why he continues to do this, especially since it's so easy to disprove his claims.

• Members

@DramatistDreamer Technically with TL, it was true, he actually filmed scenes shown. It was the reveal that was Nick that disappointed. But considering the assumption that JT is dead and buried - and that TL signed only for that arc - I'm not sure what people are expecting. 

So does anyone know why MY is being protected by Sony? Or is he being paid to be the hatch man? Based on the 'success' Sony has had in reducing DAYS' budget to keep it alive at least 5 years (and counting) longer than expected, I wouldn't be surprised if Sony is attempting the same thing with Y&R. Remember this is show BUSINESS, all Sony and its shareholders care about is profits. 

• Members

To answer @edgeofnik's question, I suspect MY is still there because he is doing exactly what Sony wants him to do. 

Television can be a very nasty business where there is no loyalty.   We fans know that no network soaps have survived on shoe-string budgets but if Y&R cannot feed on scraps and survive, it will simply have to waste away until it starves to death.  That's the long and short of it.

MY is there to commandeer the ship and it matters little, at this point, if that ship is the Titanic.

Archived