Could Ron C. create a soap?

• Members

Would you watch? That goes for the other writers of recent years. 

Hogan Sheffer?

Bob Guza?

Sri Rao?

Garin Wolf?

Josh Griffith?

Any others you can think of? 

Do you think that some writers would be better starting a soap on their own? M really curious about your opinions.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Josh Griffith on his own... no... if he's paired with a writer with a good sense of plot.. then yes.. because they could balance each other out.

Sri Rao.. I think wrote Night Shift's stellar second season.. so sure, I'd like to see what could be done.

• Members

No, because even with pre-established, once-popular concepts and characters that the audiences WANTED to watch, these writers could not provide satisfying, quality material for us. If I had trouble watching characters whom I already cared for when these writers were in charge, I'd have no reason at all to try watching characters whom these scribes created on their own.

• Members

If they had strong script-writers.. that could make their material at least watchable.  Days for many years has boasted strong script writers that, if allowed license, can make the small moments matter and help create a character (that hopefully a good actor can pick up and add their own flourishes).

Archived