2018 Daytime Emmy Nominations

Faulkner

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Daytime Emmy's have been irrelevant since Susan Lucci's streak was over. Speaking of which, Peter Bergman is now tied with Susan Lucci for the most Daytime Emmy nominations for acting (21 nominations for each of them). 

Marla Adams should get the win. She's the real MVP and really breathed new life into the Abbotts.

• Members

Hmmm...

Y&R since I have to reluctantly admit that I am hooked at the moment, flaws aside...but that could be because of...

...EILEEN DAVIDSON who SHOULD WIN. All is forgiven on RHoBH, dear. I enjoyed every and any time you are on screen.

MARLA ADAMS or SSH for me.

CASEY MOSS.

Uh...that's it. Depends on what they submit for the others what I would think.

• Members

Thinking about SSH being nominated...is this the biggest gap in Daytime Emmy history between nominations? Sure, she was previously nominated in the Lead category and not Supporting, but 39 years between nominations has to be a record. The last time she was nominated, she lost out to Irene Dailey of AW!!!

• Administrator

I love Marci so I'm happy she was nominated.  All you need is one episode and she was great in the episode where Ben showed up at the double wedding (I'm assuming this is the episode she submitted). 

I agree with getting rid of the younger categories and limiting the Best Drama/Writing/Directing nominations to two or three. 

• Members

SSH was nominated for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series  in 1975, 1976, 1978, and 1979- so it has been 39 years since her last nomination.  She did lose to Irene Dailey who played Liz Matthews on AW in 1979.  Her other competitors in 1979 were Nancy Addison (Jill) and Helen Gallagher (Maeve) from Ryan's Hope and Beverlee McKinsey (Iris) and Victoria Wyndham (Rachel) from Another World.  

• Members

If Marla Adams wins, she'll be the oldest actress at the time of her Daytime Emmy win, at 79 years 245 days. As of now, the oldest actress at the time of her Daytime Emmy win was the late Jeanne Cooper, who won 2008 Lead Actress at 79 years 240 days. The oldest living Daytime Emmy winning actress is Helen Gallagher (91).

Archived