Days Of Our Lives Renewed

• Members

Yes,guarantees are an issue, but there have been instances when characters have been in the same episode and the opportunity to have them interact has not been used. I realize that scenes are taped on different days, but the desire to highlight family ties seems to be lacking

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

All of it was accurate though ...

And DAYS totally wasted Sarah Brown and Ian Buchanan. So much potential there. DAYS wastes a lot of "big" hires ... Ian as Stefano's brother would have been great.

That's very true. It does seem to be lacking. I think many times it's an afterthought. Also the taping on separate days doesn't help in situations like that when characters in the same scene or episode should interact but they don't. They just don't take the time for interactions like they once did.

It's not really one issue to blame, it's a variety of things that lead to the problems the show has that they can't seem to find a way out of  (that's if they even try to get out of the rut they've been in)

• Members

Considering they can't even have a single conversation about a new character's history? (I'm looking at you, Stefan O...) I have very little hope. 

The only successful (relatively) "new" family has been the reintroduction of the Grants, but even then, it's been kinda shakey, thanks to Dena's stupid intro story for Valerie and Eli killing David off out of nowhere offscreen.

• Members

I quite liked Brady and Madison. I think DAYS fans did not know what to make of a business storyline where - initially, anyway - the characters acted like and spoke as professionals, not catfighting or mind controlling each other with fillings. Even Sami seemed to be changing.

• Members

I actually liked Brady/Madison. I felt was one of his strongest pairings besides Theresa later on. It was refreshing to see him with someone other than Nicole and Chloe--two pairings I found to be extremely toxic. 

I found it to be refreshing too. I felt around that time that DAYS was finally gonna stray from campy and go back to being the norm which it once was; however, they sadly went back to being a campy, sci-fi mess. 

I would've love to see DAYS be a career driven soap seeing as 90% of the people on this cast rarely go to work unless they work for Salem PD or Salem University Hospital.

• Members

I also loved Nicole's burgeoning role at that time, as E.J.'s campaign manager or whatever. It was a smart fit for her. Then they dumped her back into baby crap IIRC - or was that before? - and from there nothing was the same. Nicole got beyond played out.

• Members

That might've been before... I can't remember b/c I found all of Nicole's stories to be repetitive duds. After Nicole got tossed into Brady's orbit the first time, I felt the character fell off. 

Nicole was at her best when she was a scheming, hot mess. I could not take her having constant baby fever and thirsting after peen that didn't want her (EJ, Brady, Daniel...). 

I feel like when DAYS got that little reboot, the show looked like it was gonna get back on track but they didn't. The show is WAY better now. I just don't care for Ron doing the usual and doing yet another lazy DID story for sh-ts and giggles. 

• Members

I remember a lot of hype over Nicole and EJ dancing a tango and then not all that long after EJ and Sami were rutting on the library sofa because their son was "dead" (AKA hidden under a table) and Chandler Massey was shout-acting 5000 variations of "whore." 

• Members

I don't remember them acting as professionals. If they did it must not have lasted long. I remember Madison waking up on the office floor naked with Brady next to her, thinking they slept together, but turned out Brady was just joking with her by undressing both of them like a creep.

Archived