Your daily (or nightly) thought

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I managed to answer all questions on the official millionare app. If only those were real money... I should get on a show like that! I never knew how much I know.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

A linguistics professor, lecturing in class, said, "In English, a double negative forms a positive. In some languages a double negative is still a negative. But no language has a double positive forming a negative." A voice from the back of the room piped up, "Yeah, right."

• Members

Last night I saw a social media picture of a friend of mine... which shocked me. She had previously lost so much on the Ozempic drug... and now she has gained it all back. I called her and in the matter of the conversation she, without even me asking, told me she is starting it again after she went off the wagon and just ate and ate the previous foods that she used to eat. I just told her that if that yo-yo effect is now supported by this drug, which she is only using for aesthetic reasons, she has no diabetes... doesn't she think that this is a no-end situation.

I felt really sure that I will never do this myself, even if I had a thought couple of times thinking... well why am I always having to mind what I eat... while some people are like... eating whatever and losing weight. In the end I realized ... a drug can't fix an emotional problem like binge eating.

I am not saying anything against the people who are using it though... it's just not for me after seeing what is doing to my friend. I am also understanding that SOME people NEED this in their life. They have diabetes and other conditions. 

I can't image how stressful this is to the body to yo-yo lose weight so many times.

Healthy eating and exercise can never be replaced.