Your daily (or nightly) thought

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Youtube has been recommending these Depression Cooking videos over the last month. Fortunately, rather than being a maudlin or exploitative exercise, the videos, and the woman in question, are quick, warm, quietly melancholy, and make you feel like you're a part of something. She passed in 2013, but her family have kept the channel going, and have recently added even more content due to the spike in interest. This one, where she says, jokingly-seriously, that kids these days couldn't have survived the Depression definitely hits on multiple levels...

• Members

@DRW50 Thanks for posting that video.

With everything that's been going on, I've been cooking a lot more at home. In the last month, I've used half my freezer items and used a good amount of my cupboard and fridge items. I don't trust drive thrus, take out, delivery right now, although I admit I miss McDonald's, Starbucks, pizza, Chinese food, sushi.

Edited by kalbir

• Members

From last week: the epic Babyface/Teddy Riley IG Live battle that, on its first attempt, ended in embarrassing technical difficulties on Teddy Riley’s end. (Toni Braxton, being Team Babyface, was DRAGGING Teddy in real time on Twitter, and her tweets are hilarious.) 

They finally managed to pull it off two days, and it was a lot of fun to watch live in the company of seemingly every black celebrity (in the comments - I think even Michelle Obama showed up). Just a great walk down memory lane for anyone who grew up during that amazing time of black excellence in R&B in the 1980s and ‘90s. These two masters, along with Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, defined a whole era of music.

• Members

I never really cared much for the Debbie Downer sketches aside from the first one, but the last on here has some Betty White content that isn't around, if any of you are missing her today (I know she's still with us but she has mostly retired). It was a dress rehearsal sketch from her 2010 episode.

Edited by DRW50

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...