“Cagney and Lacey” Reboot Pilot Picked Up by CBS

• Members
5 minutes ago, Khan said:

Suddenly, it's the '80's again.

What's nest...The Dukes of Hazzard??

Please register in order to view this content

If CBS wants to reboot oldies then they should with The Incredible Hulk or Wonder Woman or both.

• Members
16 hours ago, Wendy said:

This is getting ridiculous at this point. There are NO new ideas out there?

I read something once that Hollywood does this cause things like this already have built in fanbases, but yeah they are out of ideas

16 hours ago, Soapsuds said:

What's nest...The Dukes of Hazzard??

Please register in order to view this content

If CBS wants to reboot oldies then they should with The Incredible Hulk or Wonder Woman or both.

With how well WW did at the box office, I'm surprised someone hasn't tried to do a new WW show

• Members

It's because of built-in name recognition. Just announcing the pilot orders of these names has given them a lot of social media buzz (albeit, not very good, but still, there's been a reaction).

And there's money involved. The studios stand to gain by using their old properties to make money. It's not as "risky" as a "new" show. Do I like it? Not particularly, this finally seems to be a little too much. But I get it.

• Members
25 minutes ago, I Am A Swede said:

Maybe I'm forgetting someone, but has anyone of all these reboots really been successful?

Will & Grace, even though ratings have eroded drastically since the premiere (due to weird scheduling, initial curiosity wearing off, and a few weak recent episodes). But NBC is probably very happy with the result, which is why they are exploring other reboots like The Office.

• Members
17 hours ago, Faulkner said:

All of the broadcast networks (and really the cable networks and streaming services too) are desperate. Easy to go for name recognition to cut through the clutter when very little else is working.

1 hour ago, KMan101 said:

It's because of built-in name recognition. Just announcing the pilot orders of these names has given them a lot of social media buzz (albeit, not very good, but still, there's been a reaction).

And there's money involved. The studios stand to gain by using their old properties to make money. It's not as "risky" as a "new" show. Do I like it? Not particularly, this finally seems to be a little too much. But I get it.

"Word" to both these posts.

• Members
2 hours ago, dragonflies said:

With how well WW did at the box office, I'm surprised someone hasn't tried to do a new WW show

Exactly!  They could have Lynda Carter playing the Queen Mother on the show.  I don't know who I would cast as the new WW though.