B&B: November 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I finally caught up (more or less) and my last episode was Thursday.

The sit-down (LOL @ Darlita) with the Spectras is pretty cute with the microwave food and Darlita's remark "it will last longer..." LOL

I appreciate that the writers are trying to build something organic with Liam and Bill and their father-son-dynamic is the most believable in quite some time on this show. The acting is strong and I think both of them appreciate to not solely be in a love triangle right now. Yet, Liam's motivation is reallllllllly a stretch and laughable: Bill has offered A LOT of compromise considering that he is DollarBill and yet Liam shouts that Spectra cannot leave their premises...

...something most longtime viewers might agree with. But objectively, it's just ridiculous.  

• Members

I only watched a few minutes on POP after his reaction....the campy...."NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"  I saw the ridiculousness of him demanding to go in...a rescue team comes in all wearing masks and he and Steffhoe stumble around coughing.  Katie/HT's reaction to finding out about the building blow up was barely noticeable compared to when she went absolutely hysterical after finding out Bill burned a building down.  Blowing up his son?  Eh, no biggie.  Wyatt/Darrin Brooks - same thing.  No reaction for the most part.  Yesterday I think I saw Liam walking around - turned on POP and saw that bit and turned it off - not even a broken bone with all of those concrete slabs laying all over him?  So awful.  That's all I've seen since Friday.  Before the blow up I had hoped the crew would have stayed out of the building, but Steffy would go in, looking for Liam since she knows the Spectra building better than Forrester at this point, and she'd be the one to get blown up - only make it real and permanent since she's become pretty much nothing but a nosy meddling witch, but it was not to be.  I think our ideas are alot more intricate and creative than TPTB.  I had really hoped they'd sent Kimberlin Brown/Sheila packing but honestly - don't really care because I'm back to about 5 minutes here and there.  They have made such awful debacles on this show it's unwatchable for the most part.  There are so many characters that just have no use at this point.  Rick, Maya, Nicole, Ivy when they even show up really have nothing to do.  There's no fall out from any storyline, Thomas and Caroline should stay gone after that mess.  I saw a new Thorne was coming but who cares...there wasn't anything wrong with the Thorne we had, they just never gave him anything.  Now we get an ABC reject and they'll give him story.  No decisions make sense on this show.

• Members

Gotta give props though. For 54, he looks damn good. They couldn't even keep Winsor Harmon around and he's roughly the same age and is still rockin' a good bod, too. 

You can tell they have zero clue what to do with Rick & Maya, but don't want to lose their token transgender character. 

• Members

And the show only remembers Maya is trangendered whenever Brad feels it's time to bring back Obba Babatunde for "a very special story week" in which Julius finds some new bizarre, absurd way to berate and belittle Maya. 

BTW did anyone find out that Caroline was faking dying aside from Liam? I suppose Thomas and Caroline are officially gone for good and never to be seen again in true B&B fashion. 

Archived