DAYS: November 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

Why is that mean? I guess they've gone for 'zany, crazy' etc but it just looks like an actress wearing a wig and fake teeth, there's nothing remotely realistic about the character at all. I do feel like I'm still trying to 'get' the style of American soaps though. I'm really enjoying Days though for what it is. The Will story has been well-written so far.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Susan was mostly just on the show for about a year and a half so wasn't there long enough for people to get really sick of her. She was a comic character who had a bit of romance in her last months (but mostly comic romance) and was a plot device. It's down to personal taste - I enjoyed her, but I'm sure many may have hated her. But that whole era with Kristen and Susan was very popular at the time (1997). 

• Members

Let's see: J.J.'s mom, Jennifer, is half-sibling to Will's dad, Lucas.  But, DAYS being DAYS, they could retcon and say Austin is really his dad.

Also, in this case, one guy isn't going to get the other guy pregnant (...although, again, this is DAYS...) so there's no risk of making the family trees even more tangled than they are already.

• Members

Ah ok thanks, are there any other ludicrous characters like this?

They need to so something stylistically about the show. I really DESPISE the shots where the camera slowly zooms in, just do static shots, and the incidental music is awful - I think they'd be better off with no music at all or at least drastically updating it. Probably no music would be better due to the sheer amount of output the show has.

• Members

If you ever want to see any of the '80s episodes of the show you may enjoy those more than current fare. It was grounded but also had a heaping helping of silliness, including fan favorites Eugene and Calliope - he had a robot and left Salem in a time machine. She dressed as an Easter basket and had a wedding for her dog. 

Archived