Hollywood Sexual Harrasment/Assault Thread

cct

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I assumed it was just my browser or something. Ordinarily I use Firefox but with SON, I use Chrome. Perhaps my settings are doing this but it's just your tweets that I am seeing like this, so I wondered whether you were copying and pasting the entire tweets.

But you're using the Embed function? Do you use the Source feature?

You should probably ask if anyone else has this issue. Perhaps it's just my settings in Chrome.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I also use the mobile site, so that could be the issue. This site can be... temperamental on phones.

By the way, Morgan Spurlock has posted a statement in which he admits his own problematic behavior.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/morgan-spurlock-posts-lengthy-sexual-harassment-mea-culpa-i-am-part-problem-1067561?facebook_20171213

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

This has not been a good past few weeks for PBS. First Charlie Rose, now Tavis Smiley? Yikes. 😨

If these allegations are true, this guy was a coward right to the end:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2017/12/13/kentucky-lawmaker-who-was-accused-of-molesting-a-teenage-girl-likely-killed-himself-coroner-says/

• Members

FWIW, PBS didn't produce Smiley's show, they distributed it. Because he produces his own show, technically he could try to bring it somewhere else, though I don't know who would want to distribute his show at this point since he's practically radioactive now.

Johnson's suicide note was posted on social media. I read it and came away with the impression that it was written by someone with a very messed up mind.

• Members

What a mess. No wonder NBC is where they are. They must have more skeletons if they are keeping the investigation internal and not hiring independent counsel. 😠😠😠😠😠

https://www.google.com/amp/variety.com/2017/tv/news/nbc-news-matt-lauer-investigation-1202638303/amp/

Now, I could have told them this. I don't watch the morning talk shows, but my folks stopped watching TODAY after Ann Curry was forced out, switched to GMA, and that's where they've stayed.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/12/13/was-pervy-matt-lauer-actually-keeping-viewers-away-from-nbc-s-today-show.amp.html

• Members

I'm not questioning the decision by PBS to cut Rose and Smiley loose, at all. It was the correct decision.

What I'm questioning are the people who blame PBS for being an incubator of sexual deviance.  

Both men produced their own shows. PBS acted as the distributor.

Rose moved out of the PBS flagship headquarters well over a decade ago. In fact, he moved his personal office out of the Bloomberg building where the show had moved, to his house, which is why he had so much time and space to harass his assistants. By that time, he'd pretty much fired almost all the staff he'd had during the early years of his show.

Walmart, which is the main sponsor of Smiley's show has yet to make any type of statement on the entire affair. I guess Walmart would rather hide behind PBS and let the broadcaster take the heat.