Hollywood Sexual Harrasment/Assault Thread

cct

• Members

His Dad didn't know until several years later.  He confirmed that his son told him the story, but he has no idea at the time .  As a father, RD must feel just awful. KS really thought he could get away with anything and he was not far wrong. What a complete bastard.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yes, and Chynna appeared on OPRAH to that end. Chynna ended up having a nervous breakdown after that and was briefly hospitalized for anxiety attacks not long after that interview. She was John's daughter, too...even though Chynna went on the record that he never molested her, she suffered just as Mackenzie did, just in a different way.

As for Richard and Harry Dreyfuss, I don't know what, if any, issues they've had, but there is a soap connection there. Jeramie Rain, Richard's first wife and Harry's mother, played Nurse Samantha Toliver on The Doctors. She was featured from 1972 to around 1976. That is some nerve...making moves on a teenager with his father just feet away!!! 😠😠😠😠😠

• Members

IA.  It couldn't have been easy for Chynna to realize that her father had been such a monster to anyone, let alone one of her siblings.  And to have it out in public, with the entire world knowing what Chynna, herself, said she had told only a few people in the years before?  If she hadn't have broken down emotionally after that ordeal, I'd have been shocked.

I'll admit that part of me suspects the reason why Bijou didn't stand with Mackenzie and Chynna is because she, too, had been molested by John but isn't in a place mentally and emotionally to accept what appears to be something the rest of the family knew for many years.  (Mackenzie herself admitted she retracted what she had told her half-sister when she saw that Bijou wasn't able to cope with the information.)  But that's just my thinking.

Edited by Khan

• Members

This thread moves fast so I cannot remember if this interview was posted but its about a man who got into what he terms was a relationship with Kevin Spacey when he was also 14. It's a triggering read but very powerful, in the sense that only upon looking back can he see these predators laying the groundwork for taking advantage of young boys. He still takes on a lot of the blame on himself though, which is devastating to read: I think at one point he says "I was complicit but not complicit." That is the scar that predators and abusers leave right there: the fear in your mind that your abuse was partly or wholly your fault.

http://www.vulture.com/2017/11/kevin-spacey-alleged-sexual-relationship.html

That Uma response is powerful and shocking, her anger she is trying to keep in check. For a while there, about a decade ago when her acting opportunities started drying up, I was worried because she seemed to be falling into heavy drug dependency and a revolving door of wealthy European boyfriends who were bad news. Hopefully she is in a good place now and able to process these allegations coming to light. 

Edited by Cat

• Members

Ok thanks!  I didn't read it because I'm not sure I can handle another sick story that EVERYONE knew about thus allowing KS more victims!  

They were going at it on Twitter several months ago. RD alluded to his son's addiction and being an ungrateful brat, his son fired back and they went a few rounds. I may have liked it and could probably find it.   

He has 2 son's but I believe it was Harry. 

Edited by ChitHappens

• Members

I wonder if anyone has seen this interview with Corey Feldman recently on the Today Show about his desire to make a feature film and expose those in Hollywood. I actually fully believe him in terms of the abuse, but is there some legal rational for having to go this route?

He also claims his publisher prevented him from naming names in his 2013 book which I believe, because it would have likely opened them up to litigation. He also claims that the statute of limitations in California prevents him from going to the police at this point.