Actor returns to GH

• Members

and when Steve Burton comes back you to GH you can bet ur ass oldJason will somehow get together w/ Nina as an FU to Y&R, if Michelle Stafford hasn't fled to Y&R as well by then. LOLz

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My understanding (and forgive me, it was 3 or so years ago, and sometime after JFP took control, I tuned out for a bit: I just couldn't watch her ABCify the show anymore) is that JFP wanted to show Stafford who was boss, and wasn't putting up with her demands. When Stafford tried to go above her to Angelica McDaniel or Steve Kent (to complain about being stuck with Peter Bregman and taken away from her cutie bae Josh Morrow), JFP shut that sh*t down. And so Stafford walked. 

However, I don't recall JFP playing hardball with Billy Miller. My understanding was that his contract with the outs was still in effect when JFP came on board, so there was nothing she could do about it. She seemed to be generally pleased by his method/ABC acting. Whether he was pushed or he jumped, I'm not sure. My guess was he wasn't psyched with the calibre of stories for Billy. And indeed JFP made sure that he was written out with Emmy-bait material, for which he did indeed win an Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actor in 2014. JFP is notorious for making sure her faves on GH got Emmy-bait material (Maurice, Tony Geary, Burton), so I'd be shocked if she did the same for a Y&R actor she wanted off the show. No, I think BM left on good terms with JFP. He was getting bored and didn't feel like renewing. Also, he'd just finished a small walk-on part in Clint Eastwood's American Sniper so probably felt he could use that as a launchpad to better things. 

• Members

@Cat, totally agree about JFP handling Staff Infection.  

As for Miller, I remember folks were upset because JFP didn't give in to Miller's demands with all of his outs.  He was even offered more money to stay but refused because the outs were taken away.  

• Members

I don't think it will happen again because Valentini isn't Jill Farren Phelps, and Burton isn't a professional twink.

Please register in order to view this content

No worries!  

• Members

D'oh. You may be right. Per Michael Fairman at the time quoting Fozzie Bear:

" “I was made a generous offer to stay on Y&R.  It was definitely a chance to gain veteran actor status.  To pass was the hardest thing I’ve ever done.   I was caught between a rock and a hard place.  This is a great role to play.  It afforded me a unique lifestyle.  However, I realized if I took that contract I would never know what else is out there.  In the past we were able to venture out of the Y&R world; now it seems there is no longer that flexibility for me.”     Billy has also alluded later in the interview on the contract negotiations:  “I can say that somewhere within the negotiation, it just felt like it was time to move on.” "

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/billy-miller-in-his-yr-exit-interview-on-contract-talks-to-pass-was-the-hardest-thing-ive-ever-done-bids-farewell-to-cast-crew/2013/12/21/

So he had the outs in his previous contract (which he had utilized) but renewal came up and JFP tried to tie him to the show more decisively and he said No. But I do think CBS/Sony, if not JFP herself, wanted to keep Miller somewhat happy, hence the child-killing Emmy SL.

Hmmm... now this is making me wonder if the Stafford/Miller exodus started the countdown on JFP's eventual departure. Spending money on unnecessary (and ugly) new sets, plus expensive hires like Cady and Burton and other ABC rejects werwe prob the final two nails in her coffin.

Please register in order to view this content

Speaking of coffin...

Image result for marlena laughing gifs

• Members

I know isn't it? I don't know why I think they'd look good together but for some reason I've been thinking they should try them.

Oh hell NAW. NEVER. I'd be so gutted if she ever did. I'd honestly have to turn it off. But I wish the show would go with darker lighting like the Griffith days. So maybe looks wise the show would improve but she guts a show. She just didn't have the same power at Y&R to destroy it

• Members

Chloe's set? She was playing angst and second banana to Chelsea's life. DTs Billy was actually paired with Chelsea instead of Victoria anyway, which was the same orbit as Chloe. So, I'm not sure what you're suggesting should have happened that didn't unless you wanted him paired with Chloe instead if Chelsea. 

Exactly This! 

AH gets flack for DTs failure when he was clearly out of his element. He was NOT good. I think that had he been in better shape, he would have lasted much longer. Daytime execs seem to love a pretty face whether acting is there or not. 

There was only one question that mentioned AH/Vikki. And it wasn't even about her. It asked if one enjoyed his triangle with Phyllis and Vikki. Does that mean we can also blame GT too? 

• Members

I think BM left on good terms with JFP.  Stafford loves being on GH and loves Frank. I dont see them dropping Gina Tognoni as she just won the best actreaa emmy. If Michelle were available i see Ron trying to get her on DAYS he loves Michelle.

• Members

It is called expressing my opinion, which as always you have to make your comments on. Chloe and Chelsea were best friends, so it's the same set. This is exactly why I don't post in the Y&R thread anymore. No one else is allowed to have an opinion and you always refer to what the audience wants. We all have things we like/ dislike. You don't speak for the audience as a whole.

Archived