Farmer's Electric Fence OMG!

R!ck

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Taken from the University of Michigan Museam of Zoology http://animaldiversity.ummz.umich.edu

Python reticulatus

(reticulated python)

Food Habits

Reticulated pythons are strictly carnivorous. They are most productive as ambush predators, often waiting in trees for unsuspecting prey (Murphy and Henderson 1997). They are also known to be active foragers, however this method of hunting is seldom used because of the amount of energy it requires. P. reticulatus typically feeds on birds and mammals. This diet extends however to dogs, large deer, pigs and on rare occasions humans (Mattison 1999, Murphy and Henderson 1997). R. Shine (1999) found that prey sizes increased rapidly with growth. Small snakes feed mostly on rats, but shift to larger mammals (e.g. pangolins, porcupines, monkeys, wild pigs, and mouse deer) at only 3-4 meters body length. Reticulated pythons, like all reptiles, have a low metabolic rate allowing them to go without food for long periods of time. In 1926, a captive specimen at Regent's Park refused food for 23 months, after which it accepted a meal and continued to feed normally (Murphy and Henderson 1997).

Maybe you should conduct a formal study, and lock yourself in a room with the snake and see it it will eat you? :P

• Members

lol Rick! Now THAT was mean. :mellow:

Oh...but besides that, I do have more info about this snake.

The snake was in Angola, Africa...

And here's the farmer..

python.jpg

and....it's insides..

pythcont.jpg

See the ewe inside of the snake? ahhh, Poor ewe! :(

• Members

No need for the sarcasm, WorldTurns. I'm just reporting what I heard from that (admittedly) "informal" research. But then again, the pictures I referenced weren't from the same incident that was posted in this thread. The one I'm thinking about showed several angles of the person, with bluish legs dangling out of the snake. People were giving, on various sites, valid arguments of why those pictures were a fake. Perhaps you're right and *this* particular incident is real. In that case, I guess I was wrong. And that always sucks. :(

Plus, it just makes me THAT MUCH ANGRIER at those fuckers!!!

Damn you snakes! Damn you all to HELL!

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Oh my LORD at those pics!

And I agree. Some of the comments in this thread were a little uncalled for. I just said I didn't know this was real and all of a sudden I'm receiving morbid messages and suggestions to kill myself! :blink:

• Members

I'm sorry, JERsoapfan, but I didn't want to insult you. The problem is that there are people who hold these animals as pets and you suggest to kill them all.

Furthermore, I think you eat meat, too. What would you think if suddenly all chickens of this world agree to kill all humans because we eat them?

And there's no reason to feel sorry for that ewe. It would have been eaten anyway, right? What is worse: Getting eaten by a snake or getting slaughtered alive?

• Members

Its a snakes instinct to kill, so be mad at God or whoever you believe in who created snakes. I promise you snakes dont have brains like we humans have, so being angry at snakes want do ya any good. ;)

• Members

:lol: Reminds me of a story in the news about a year ago about a man in a "whitE trash" community about 1 hour away from my house called Bawcomville. A man was caught (in the yard behind his sister's trailer house) butt-f***ing a pot-bellied pig.

The pig's name...you ask?!

:lol::lol::lol:PEE-PYE! :lol::lol::lol:

• Members

Well, see, i can respect the fact that the snake ate the ewe, but what of the human? That's what concerns me. And please note that I mistyped. I never meant to suggest we kill "all" snakes. Just the big ones (read: the ones that can eat us humans!) Now that, I think, isn't too outlandish a request.

I thought they never proved that? Granted, the rectal tissue was compromised, but reports showed no human fluids, right? At least, if it's the one I'm thinking about...oh wait, that was a goat and the fraternity prank...sorry! But still, gross!

Archived