GH: Passanante OUT!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There were a few articles in the tabloids at wintertime about Barbara's health, with lots of talk of how frail she's become. As you rightly point out, she hasn't been seen in public in about a year. Prior to that she had been very out and about at events and appearances on ABC News. 

It seems to me that it's likely she's either suffered a health setback of some sort or has become increasingly frail. 

• Members

I actually think, in this case, it was entirely her decision.  Maybe she took a lesson from the producers of MASH...LOL go out voluntarily to end it all on a positive note.  It's very healthy thing to do.  Someone on twitter today accused her of getting fired and she openly disputed it; so I don't think she would lie about it.  I met her once in a soap writing class and she was so genuine.  Love her politics too.  You can criticize her creativity but it's not fair to attack her character..unless her name is Dena Higley.  LOL.

• Members

Why would she admit on Twitter if she were fired anyway, she'd be going against what was agreed upon if she exited gracefully? Of course she'd lie about it. I just know how Disney/ABC operates. But if it was on her own accord, good for her. Sounds like she has a lot of things she wants to do and spend time with her daughter. I wish her the best personally. I'm glad she's out of the soap writing business though.

• Members

It's a classic business move though - she would hardly be the first to claim that she exited on her own terms but usually it's a case of "you can't fire me, I quit". I looks far better on her resume that she retired from soap opera writing, but it wouldn't surprise me if she eventually returns to it if soaps still exist in a few years time.

• Members

I think Jean P holds the record of any daytime head writer for writing the most soaps in daytime. She has been head writer of six soaps. Her shortest stint was YR which was a year. Her longest was ATWT where she was co head writer and head writer for almost a decade. Do u all think.Jean is considered a legend?

Archived