May 8-12, 2017: New Lows For DAYS and GH

Toups

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah. Ratings in primetime are terrible. I'm shocked at how bad they've gotten. But then you add in DVR numbers ... and a lot of low rated shows are renewed because of deals being worked out and ratings don't even seem to be a huge deal. It's all about making the financials work.

• Administrator

Don't know. I don't pay attention to the View's ratings but I just checked the last 4 weeks and for Total Viewers they were down, compared to last year: 5%, 5%, 12%, 5%.  It doesn't seem like they're doing well either. 

• Members

Personally I'm tired of every type of news show being about Trump. Every lead off is "Trump" "Trump" "Trump" ... I'd actually think ratings would be going down as everyone on both sides are tired of hearing about him all the time.

Agreed with this.

There's no urgency anymore as I know I can watch most shows ondemand or find it SOMEWHERE. Or I have it already on the DVR ready to go. Even when I went a few years with just an antenna and no DVR, I never really missed not having one as I could still watch most of what I wanted to when I wanted to.

• Members

Some networks dont even pay attention to same day live ratings. It more live plus the DVR. I dont understand why JFP and other former daytime showrunners create a soap on netflix. It could be done in 40 minute 13 episode seasons and then binge watch.

• Members

DAYS where I am can rarely get through an episode now without being partly preempted by some stupid Trump speech/conference. Some viewers may tune in with the intention to watch but as soon as it cuts out they move on to something else without bothering to come back for the last part that airs. (I'm one of those viewers.). 

• Toups changed the title to May 8-12, 2017: New Lows For DAYS and GH
  • Errol unpinned this topic

Archived