B&B - Flashback: Episode Count 1990

• Members

As the feedback for Y&R-Fans 1998 episode counts for Y&R has been pretty lively, I thought I'd share these. Due to a Polish user, a vast amount of classic B&B is avlliable on YouTube (with annoying Polish subbing) these days and coupled with my own collection. I managed to (re)watch roughly 95% of the entire year 1990. The data for each actor/actress could be missing by 1-.2 episodes. but overall these numbers are rather accurate.

So what happened in 1990 amongst the bold and the beautiful citizens of reel LA?
Just as Kristen Forrester left with photographer Mick Savage for New York , Felicia Forrester returned to town in January just in time for Ridge and Caroline's wedding. Their wedded bliss was shortlived when Joanna Johnson decided to not-renew her contract. She signed a last minute extension - unfortunately for just 3 months and therefore Caroline was diagnosed with cancer and dead by July. Her oncologist soon became a psychiatrist and the role of Dr. Taylor Hayes was heavily involved in widower Ridge's orbit but yet ping-ponging with back-in-town lawyer Storm Logan. By Christmas Day, they even had a flashback engagement (meaning that the scene was only shown via never-before-seen flashbacks. LOL) Stephanie was back to raging war with Brooke when she found out that Eric was having an affair with young Miss Logan. Brooke got pregnant the minute Katherine Kelly Lang became pregnant with her first child and gave birth to Eric Junior - who we now know as Rick - in November... Bill Spencer and Margo had abysmal screen-time for the first half of the year until it was revealed that troubled twen Jake Maclaine was her younger brother who left the family at age 17 and was never heard from. Jake who caught the interest of both Donna Logan and Felicia eventually faced his daemons and confronted his father about being sexually abused by him as a child. Jake's mother Helen played by Tippi Hedren was shocked, but eventually returned to her husband Ben, after he suffered a heart attack. Yet the tale of Jake's abuse was not over by the end of 1990... Macy Alexander fell for Thorne Forrester over music and they shared a beautiful wedding in October despite the Forrester's objections towards Sally. Sally Spectra, in her first entire year as a contract player, and Clarke Garrison managed to play with the big leagues in 1990 as Clarke's creativity hit his climax. Marriage proved to a win-win situation for both of them - until Bill sent sexy reporter Julie Delorean to have Clarke stray...

Yearly Total 1990 - number of episodes. 254

Moss, Ronn

Ridge Forrester

McCook, John (I)

Eric Forrester

Flannery, Susan

Stephanie Douglas Forrester

Lang, Katherine Kelly (I)

Brooke Logan

Trachta, Jeff

Thorne Forrester

Conley, Darlene

Sally Spectra

Dion, Colleen

Felicia Forrester

McVicar, Daniel

Clarke Garrison

Eakes, Bobbie

Macy Alexander Forrester

Koslow, Lauren

Margo Lynley Spencer

Mitchum, Carrie

Donna Logan

McKee, Todd (I)

Jake Maclaine

Johnson, Joanna (I)

Caroline Spencer Forrester (+1 Flashback)

Clarke, Brian Patrick

Storm Logan

Storm, Jim

Bill Spencer

Harrison, Schae

Darla Einstein

Tylo, Hunter

Dr. Taylor Hayes

Fox, Michael (I)

Saul Feinberg

Rogers, Jane A.

Julie Delorean

Brandon, John (I)

Ben Maclaine

Hedren, Tippi

Helen Maclaine

Linn, Teri Ann

Kristen Forrester Garrison

Burnett, Nancy (I)

Beth Logan II

Clary, Robert

Pierre Jourdan

Conaway, Jeff

Mick Savage

Doyle, Gerard (I)

Barry Hawkins, Stephanie’s lawyer

López, Irene Olga

Maria, Forrester Maid II

Haddon, Laurence

Charles Williams, Eric’s lawyer

Richards, Michele Lamar

Valerie Cooper, Caroline’s assistant

Choate, Tim (I)

Tommy Bayland, Spencer photographer

Walling, Chuck

Charlie Maclaine

Wolter, Sherilyn

Dr. Taylor Hayes (Temp Replacement)

Adams, Marla

Beth Logan III

Claman, June

Betty Burns, society matron

Gomez, Rita (II)

Maria, Forrester Maid I

Miya, Helen

Trish, Forrester Creations secretary

Koslow, Zachariah

Mark Lynley Garrison (aka Mark Maclaine)

Sloan, Nancy

Katie Logan

Carlson, Steve (I)

Dr. Madigan, Brooke’s doctor

Miller, Nicole (XXIX)

Eric Forrester Jr.

Miller, Ryan (LXXIII)

Eric Forrester Jr.

Wolff, Nan

Judy Johnson, Eric Junior’s nanny

Ayres, Jerry

Conway Weston, P.I.

Marston, Jack

Dr. Claude Pinot, Brooke’s French doctor

Snider, Jeremy

Eric Forrester Jr.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks for this Sheilaforever!! 😁😁 Ive actually been watching some of those polish dubbed episodes! Frustrating but again great that almost full consecutive years like 1990-1991 are included! 

I see the original fab 4 (Flannery, JMc, Moss, Lang) claimed the top 4 spots, but it's amazing yet sad to see Trachta Thorne in so many episodes.....right below KKL...back when they still gave a damn about him.

i didn't realize Kristen left and Felicia just came on board...weird how the 2 Forrester sisters have never shared a real story together....and even now  this show refuses to acknowledge their existence.

such better variety of stories too...yet the Taylor/Storm engagement flashback sounds hysterical...interesting how she wasn't even in Brooke's orbit for at least a  whole other year!

• Members

Damn. I'm old. I remember watching 1989 and 1990 B&B. Definitely a golden era. The writing was on FIYAH. This was the year they laid the groundwork for Brooke eventually gaining control of Forrester Creations via her marriage to Eric (and Sheila coming onto the canvas ofc). Love that it was Sally's first year on the show. On a sad note, too bad Joanna Johnson left the show and Lauren Koslow was sidelined. Margo Lynley was one of my fave characters.

• Members

Mary's last good story was involving rescuing her brother Jake when their uncle tried to kill them.  She spent the last year of her show in a lifeless marriage to bill spencer..and flirting with Taylor's ex husband.

It's a shame original Donna was also sidelined as well..after she had some strong story the first 2 or 3 years of the show 

• Members

That is true and she was just on the show earlier this year

they don't need to talk about Felicia all the time but she is acknowledged. She pops up when it matters like for holidays and key family moments 

• Members

The Spectras really gave the show a collossal PUSH for the better.

1990 was an overlapse year as Bill Bell still tried to make the Logans work. The return of Storm was pretty decent, but completely fizzled by 1991. Donna had the exact same story in 1989 like she did in 1990: playing second fiddle to a man of her affection; first losing Thorne to Macy and then pining for Jake who was only interested in Felicia. Katie was absent while Beth Logan came home twice from Paris, but at the end of the year played by "Dina Mergeron Abbott". LOL

Come 1991 he would ditch the Logans altogether...

The affair of Brooke and Eric was the first major WTF moment this show has become pretty famous for ever since. You never saw that one coming because it came out of NOWHERE, it was suuuuuper gross and yet heavily addictive (though way to sugar coated to prevent natural barfing reflexes).

Margo and Bill were REALLY interesting, yet Bill Bell never delved into this relationship properly.

I have been a huge fan of both actors and characters, but in all honesty their marriage reeked lazy writing and missing oppurtunities. Margo married Bill out of a sense of security; it was often adressed, but never acted out and then dropped. And then in 1990 Bill gave Stephanie a kiss - and she told him to get lost. And then it was dropped because the writing focussed on other characters again. 

• Members

I do remember the reason the first Donna quit was because she viewed her character as a springboard/back up for Brooke.  The first 2 years or so, Donna had a lot of story...but by mid 1990 was just window dressing.

• Members

Issa me! 👋 

Please register in order to view this content

Thanks for this. How... disappointing that Stephanie or Brooke weren't the top two. lol But at least Eric and Ridge were watchable and entertaining back then. Definitely could have used more of Sally, Macy, Margo, but those were REALLY different times for the show.

Archived