Is DAYS About to be Cancelled at NBC?

• Members

I don't watch the Today show but I do sometimes watch the local news before Today comes and this morning I watched the last 20 minutes of NBC4s morning news and they cut away to Matt Lauer and Hota Kotb for previews of today's Today Show.

It was fun to watch Matt and Hota pretend that there is anything but chaos going on behind the scenes at NBC daytime right now. Although, Matt is probably much more used to backstage chaos on account of him being in the middle of the Ann Curry debacle.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hall is so fun and lovable. I cannot for the life of me understand how they could get rid of her and Roker for that bitch. Completely unacceptable, and that's before even factoring it's BHM! But I guess taking that hour to #1 for weeks on end wasn't enough 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

To be fair, it was time for Tamron to go. It's not like they were #1 in their time slot and even beating Live with Kelly. Oh wait, they were....

NBC is foolish. I don't fault them for hiring Megyn Kelly but as always (See: Ann Curry, Deborah Norville) they execute things so badly. Doesn't matter if it's their news, soaps, primetime or late night they're a mess. Why not hire Kelly and add her as a third co-host for Today, give her Dateline on Sunday's and plot her on MSNBC? That would've been reasonable and given the audience a chance to get used to her. It makes no sense. 

• Members

Speaking of Dateline...she is getting a Dateline type of show on Sunday's opposite 60 minutes. Interesting that 60 minutes hired Oprah as the news broke...hmmmmm... I doubt 60 minutes has anything to worry about though.

She only got ratings for her show and like you mentioned apparently not that great and the fact that she brought in a little bump to Kelly's numbers.....everybody at NBC think she is golden. Anyone remember her primetime interview with Donald Trump? She trying to be the next Babs.....well her special flopped big time in the ratings. I am sure they will too on NBC.

• Members

Glad to hear it'll be Oprah (60 Minutes) vs Conservative Kelly on Sunday nights. The Big O will kick her booty in the ratings (though I'll hate to hear Trump's inevitable celebration of her failure... hopefully he'll be out of office one way or another by then...) 

Archived