Is DAYS About to be Cancelled at NBC?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Where there is smoke there is fire with NBC.  Remember in 1999, when they pitted Another World and Sunset Beach fans against each other as to which one would be cancelled to make room for Passions.  Even though AW was higher rated than SB, AW had to go first.  They did not want to keep AW because NBC knew that it would have higher ratings than Passions if it had been given a six-month renewal instead of SB.  After those six months were over, they cancelled SB too.  NBC's intention all along was to cancel both shows.

• Members

I remember when it was looking bleak that Days would ever reach its 45th anniversary, let alone its 50th. Days has always been on borrowed time and I really wouldn't be surprised if this really is the end.

When it comes to Megyn Kelly though, I think the most ideal situation is to give her that 9am slot since it'll get that Today Show lead-in and give her a bigger shot at success rather than 1pm or whatever random time a local affiliate puts Days in currently.  Also, they'll probably pay Megyn Kelly more per year (+ the costs of producing the talk show) than Days' whole budget, tbh. lol

• Members

This is exactly what NBC should do. Megyn Kelly's worth has been severely overestimated. She is not anywhere near as famous or relevant as NBC thinks she is. This is Katie Couric at CBS all over again. Barbara Walters going to ABC was a once in a lifetime change that networks have been trying to duplicate for decades - it's always failed and will continue to do so. 

• Members

Katie couric was great at CBS. Her Palin interview was legendary and will appear in history textbooks someday. It's just that nobody cares about evening news anymore, which is why it failed.

I am not a FoxNews fan, but I have always liked Megyn Kelly, and she can handle daytime. She was terrific when she co-hosted Live with Kelly. I think she has a chance of making this work. 

• Members

Ratings with her and Kelly were great. So i can understand NBC wanting. I think nbc has wanted to dump days for awhile. Honestly i will miss the show i think its run its course in some ways but wish it could continue. Last story of days is caroline dying imo. That would be a sad umbrella storyline and then reflect on all the years pf days. Last scene should be Alice speaking words of wisdom. How would u end the show?

• Members

She had a one time guest hosting gig. Everyone wanted to tune in because of the Trump stuff. That's all. She's not a ratings juggernaut. And Live with Kelly gets good ratings anyway. She just boosted them. Put her on again and see how they don't jump. NBC acted first without thinking. Now they're scrambling to find a place for her. If Megyn went to ABC your precious GH would be axed.

• Members

Yes Days will be cancelled after this year.  We've all known it.  There's nothing to be done about it.  It's amazing that the show lasted this long.  I'll watch this last year as an era is passing.  It was obvious when Corday renewed last year, and got creative control again from NBC and Sony, and re-installed Higley. Griffith was NBC/Sony pick.  Ken is having Higley undo Griffith's damage to Joey, Hope and others; and it's becoming more faith-based again for its final year.  So sad. But other shows were cancelled much bigger audience i.e Somerset. Edge had better ratings when it was cancelled too.  And no, it's not going to CBS, even if Sony is purchased by CBS. Too expensive to produce and not a big enough audience.  

Archived