Y&R January 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ugh the Winters are on too much. Neil and Lily are the wooooooorst. The characters are awful but I think I dislike the actors even more. 

The desolution of Devon and Hillary's marriage is because she tripped some girl on TV. Really. Think about that. Tell me that's not stupid. And if she's pregnant it's even stupider. The character does not need a child. I'm sick of characters with so much potential being saddled with children. Or bad girls getting "tamed" with a baby. 

Gloria is now on for absolutely no reason. Did Judith Chapman need to log some hours for her health insurance? Why is her hair so dry? Does she not believe in conditioner?

Phyllis and Lauren's outfit games have been on point. They both look great.

• Members

A lot of damage has been done to Ashley (as a character) over the last decade. The last thing Eileen needs to be doing is trying to make an ill advised May-December pairing work.

If the current regime feels Ashley has to be in a relationship she needs to be paired with someone relaxed and fairly stable. Revisiting her relationship with Neil would be good for both of them & would remove Neil (somewhat) from Hevon's orbit.

• Members

^ I meant to quote Deedee

Why not put him in Mariah orbit? She's old enough. To bad Lily is about nothing. If she was another character, her & Cane would have broken up 10 times by now. Who wouldn't want somebody like her, they won't have to worry about getting her pregnant.

• Members

I know Ravi has a crush on Ashley. I think it's all just meant to showcase how awkward his is socially. I don't even know that they plan on doing anything with Ravi/Ashley beyond what we've seen. Are they? Why do we all assume they're the next couple going to be forcefed down our throat? I'm fine as it is now but it can't go on forever, something has to change and I'd prefer him with someone else, even though it wouldn't bother me, they just don't seem all that compatible, even though opposites attract. Is Ashley flipping out over Ravi/Phyllis' lunch supposed to show us that she's falling for him, was there more to it, or was it just what it was, her being pissed/annoyed at the situation/Phyllis?

Yes, Phyllis and Lauren have been on point with their looks lately. Looking flawless and amazing. I'm so glad Tognoni stopped playing Phyllis like a butch lesbian though.

I really don't get the Gloria airtime. I'd rather watch Faith on every day all day reading the phone book at this point.

• Members

Gloria overload isn't good, but she wasn't in that much of Monday's show. Some people complain if she appears for 10 seconds.

if there was a fail in Monday's episode, it was the writing for the Dylan storyline, which had me rolling my eyes so much I got dizzy. Just nonsensical and ridiculous, from the out-of-state stuff...to Kevin's involvement at all...to Christine running in and out...to the complete absence of a plan for Dylan in the first place.

• Members

YR is currently down almost 600000 viewers from JFP/Pratt a year ago. I think firing JFP was a huge mistake even more. Jill knew how to drive numbers with entertaining arcs. Omg the show is so dull and horrible lately. Sussman/Young are killing YR. Most boring nothing happens soap. 

Archived