Y&R January 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

I would be so upset if they paired Jack with Hillary. He's ready for his forever pairing so he can focus on other things, like his old ass children. I'd rather see him dealing with a grandchild from Keemo before I want to see him date someone Hillary's age. Bye to that nonsense, although I do like their relationship. 

On another subject, I still don't find the show to be boring. I think it's actually very fast paced as it often is when it's more character driven. Even Bill Bell's Y&R I never found slow because the dialogue and overall format of the show worked in a way that didn't make it feel boring. I get more bored during Pratt for example because the scenes may be short and it may move "fast," but you're just in a holding pattern until the next big event happens. That's boring to me. I actually love everything with the Winters and even Dylan's exit story I appreciate. The only thing I'm struggling with is Reed, but I'm willing to be patient. I just can't get over them forgetting about Walnut Grove. Aint no damn way Victoria NEWMAN's son is going to public school and riding the bus. I can't with that mess. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ITA!

It's not a fair comparison, sure, but just look at the rest of daytime. Even B&B, written by a Bell, is a very sad excuse for a soap. Not as bad as Pratt or Passanante's Y&R, but still quite horrible writing.

• Members

I actually think they are doing a decent job for this Devon and Hilary break up. The premise of a trip and fall is stupid but their scenes have been really good. 

I think they could write for anyone they chose. I just don't think they'll cast specifically for Devon while neil doesn't have a love interest. The ship has sailed for neil and hilary. No need to ever revisit that. 

• Members

I don't think PB hated being paired with DM. I think he hated the response to it that got him fired. I think he's been leery every since. MiM is young, beautiful, and talented. Obviously one of Sally's stars. Would he really balk at working more with her even if it's a romance? I'd think he'd do his job regardless. 

I find it hard to believe. Lol

I actually don't even think devon and hilary will divorce. Hilary is whining too much about a baby she didn't even know she wanted. The anvils are everywhere that she will be pregnant. If she us, that'll bring her and devon together. 

• Members

They've done that. Devon won it outright. Nothing they tried worked for neil and hilary. Pratt tried to reboot it. It failed even harder. 

I feel like they've let it go. If they hadn't, Hilary wouldn't be declaring devon the love of her life. It took her over 3 years to say that. They held out as long as they could. 

• Members

Y&R could've done everything they're doing now without wasting a ton of time on Burton's unnecessary exit.

All that extra airtime could be going to the emotional fallout of Dylan's relatives. Paul should be caught between Cricket & Nikki, Nikki & Sharon should be interacting way more, Sharon's kids should be uniting to support their mother (instead of Sharon having random conversations with Mariah) and there should definitely be Sharon & Cricket scenes.

But Y&R would rather have Dylan play Miami Vice on old Spyder Games sets than actual compelling drama.

• Members

Haaa Spyder Games!

I swear to you so much of the show feels like fulfilling contracts. They're paying Burton so they're gonna use Burton no matter how little sense it makes. And this story is beyond dumb. Kevin actually called "Luther Fisk (seriously?)" and his cronies the bad guys yesterday! The bad guys!

• Members

I'd rather Jack and hilary stay platonic....I like the father figure aspect and don't want it soiled.

I'd be cool with hilary with billy...only cause it would make more sense for Jill to interfere.  Hilary is more like Nina....chip on shoulder, ambitious..with a soft side..

• Members

Yep. The ONLY time I've ever been interested in Aunt Jack was when PB was paired with MS - especially when she first returned to the show - they really did have a certain chemistry that was more than sexual. It was believable that could work as a couple. A big mistake was trying to replicate that with a de-aged Phyllis and GT, who is fierce in her own right. 

Archived