The Oscars

SteveFrame

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It wasn't an upset. No way was the Academy going to give an Oscar to a movie about two gay cowboys. I called it after the GG's. BM wasn't going to win the Oscar. I thought it was going to be WTL it lost to but since WTL wasn't nominated, it lost to Crash. I am not suprised at all.

• Members

I am really glad that BBM won Directing and not much else (acting or best movie.) I don't think it is as good as everyone thought. It did not blow me away. The second time I saw it it WAS better. I will give it that. I loved the shots and the directing and the music. But the story and the movie...eh. I did not find the characters likable. I found the performances sub-par to Oscar standards. I am very glad PSH won!

Very shocked about Crash. I loved Crash, and I'd go as far to say it's one of my favs, but Oscar-worthy??? To join the ranks of American Beauty, Chicago, Forest Gump, Rain Man, etc etc etc etc?? UMM. NO!

• Members

Okay, I loved Crash when I first saw it, but the best film of last year? Really? Over Munich? Over Brokeback? Over Good Night, and Good Luck? Even Capote?

Ugh. Now it's my least favorite of the 5.

• Members

Okay. I'm going to just say it.

Without a doubt, Jake Gyllenhall is THE MOST BEAUTIFUL, GORGEOUS MAN I HAVE EVER LAID EYES ON.

Those huge, expressive eyes that I want to look directly into mine while we're making sweet, passionate love. That crooked, lazy smile. That dark stubble. That jet black, sexy, fiery hair.

OMG.

• Members

Quite possibly the WORST Best Picture winner in Oscar history, right up there (and perhaps even worse) with THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH.

The nomination alone was pretty shocking and although I thought CRASH was an OK movie, no way EVER in my imagination could I have thought it would win Best Picture at the ACADEMY AWARDS!

Every single other nominee was totally robbed IMO!

This will definetly be looked at in history as a truly awful choice, IMO!

Ham and Cheese all the way with this win :rolleyes: ...Academy pull your head outta your ass!

Archived