The Oscars

SteveFrame

• Members

Aside from Clooney's win, I think this was the best Oscars in 5, 6 years easily. Hands down. By a mile.

Crash was a very good movie, but not Oscar-worthy, IMO. But worse movies have won Best Movie.

Great presenters. Great host. Great montages. Great lifetime award. All in all, pretty deserving winners across the board. How often do all of those line up???

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Winning an Oscar doesn't mean a movie or actor is good or better than another movie or actor. It's all politics!! That being said, I'm glad Phillip Seymour Hoffman won. Reese was very sweet. John Stewart was soooo good...all in all it was a pretty good show. Thought the "Pimp" song winning was the Academy's attempt at being "cool" which was lame, but whatever, good for them.

• Members

I agree 100%. Reese is such a wonderful actor and I really think this was a role she was meant to play. I have loved June Carter Cash since I was a child and seeing her on Dr. Quinn and I think Reese was just this wonderful breath of air to the character!!! She has cemented herself as my fave actress!!!

I would love to see her do more serious, dramatic roles. Yet doing some other comedy roles as well and I would love to hear her sing more!!!

• Members

I must disagree with all the Crash hating. Just because it's a straight forward drama with no tricks doesn't mean it's beneath the others. It seems that to qualify for these awards you need to have a controversial topic (Brokeback), be quirky (American Beauty) or a period piece (there are so many).

I think Crash had an excellent cast and a very good script. It took a topic that could've been cheesy and heavy handed, but it was handled with ease and never went over the top for me.

• Members

I went to an oscar party and we all filled out ballots..I got 17 right and ended up winning a large gift basket..with some cool stuff..plus i made a bet with my boss over oscar pics and won $20..

I thought the show was pretty entertaining..Jon Stewart was hillarious..loved when he made the comment about the guy wearing jeans..I mean who wears jeans to the oscars...Also the homoerotic western clips were hillarious..

I was pleased to see George Clooney, Rachel Weiss, Reese Witherspoon, Ang Lee all win oscars..And i picked Phillip Seymore Hoffman to win..so that wasn't a suprise...I was shocked to that Crash won..I had chosen Brokeback on the ballot..But i was very happy..As i thought Crash was the better movie...I felt Brokeback was really good, but a little over rated..and Crash just blew me away..

The awards i missed were Picture, Cinematography, animated short film, live action short film, sound mixing (thought walk the line would win), and of course song of the year...How the pimp song won over the song from Crash? I'll never know...

Did anyone notice the chick that sang the song from Crash plays a part on the West Wing...Toby's wife...someone at the party i was at noticed that...

Dress wise i thought Resse and Keira Knightly looked the best...Hated the color of Michelle Williams dress, the bow on Charlize was too much, and Jake Gylenhall looked so hot..but his bow tie was crooked when he was on stage...

• Members

I haven't seen CRASH: is it really deserving of BEST PICTURE?

All the other main awards: fairly predictable winners and all well deserved.

And, I agree with Kenny: Jake Gyllenhall is a hunk B) , and I'd love to find him in my bed anytime. :D

• Members

I loved the Awards show, Jon Stewart did a great job! I don't know why people were questioning him, I thought he did well overall. Helluva lot better than Chris Rock.

Jessica Alba, Nicole Kidman, Jada Pinkett-Smith---all looked gorgeous! I loved their outfits the best...ooh and Keira Knightley was probably the Belle of the Ball.

I KNEW Brokeback wasn't going to win! I knew if they gave Lee director it would lose and it did! I really want to see Crash it sounds like something I'd really like. C'mon the Academy Awards giving a gay movie the honor? They're sooo NOT there yet. Just like it took them forever to acknowledge two African American leads in one year, it'll take them just as long until they give a movie like that recognition...sadly, it's all about politics.

Archived