SOD Best & Worst 2016

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's all I needed to see. Good choice. 

Wish I was surprised that the awful Carolyn Hinsey, who spent years pushing her egocentric agenda and belittling viewers, is now back with their magazine. Yet another reason to avoid it. 

• Members

Hinsey claimed the commute was hectic hence her return to SOD....I think its cause she went from being a big fish in a little pond to a small fish in a bigger pond and couldnt compete.

I wouldnt say maya is wasted on b and b...she had quite a lot of focus for awhile..and was taking a breather....2017 hopefully will be different.

• Members

Days received the most negative categories which is totally appropriate. It was the worst show last year and all due to Josh Griffith who should never be allowed to write for television again.  He was worse than Steven Black/Henry Stern of ATWT, Lee Sheldon on EON, Doug Anderson on GL and several other worst regimes.  His year was grizzly. He ruined more story and characters than any soap writer in history in a one year span.

• Members

Two things:

1) Josh Griffith's run was indeed terrible, but based on his record I would easily let him work in TV (perhaps not so much daytime) over Dena Higley or half the writers you seem to regularly applaud.

2) For God's sake, the word is 'grisly'. This is a grizzly:

• Members

I think he was OK in his first OLTL run. Better than Higley. I haven't had any real opinion of his work since, until this run, which was full of a sickness that reminded me of a lot of primetime TV I have stopped watching in recent years. So I do think he'd find work easily. Higley is lucky to have a job.

• Members

I never quite understood the disdain for Lee Sheldon.  Granted, he was no Slesar, but I don't think he was that bad.  I actually discovered EON during his tenure at the time and liked it.  Given more time, and if EON was put in a time slot that would have worked, I think EON could have made it.  It had a great cast going for it.  I place most of the blame on the bad time slot (4-4:30 p.m. Eastern Time. for those few ABC affiliates who carried it).  The show was simply not available to many viewers, and that was a pity.  I lived in Pennsylvania while the show was on the air, and it was not broadcast in Philly at all, and at 10:30 a.m. in Northeastern Pennsylvania.  I do not blame Lee Sheldon.

Archived