SOD Best & Worst 2016

• Members

Can someone (if anyone on here has a subscription or the current issue of SOD) please give me the list of what was named the Best & Worst in soaps by SOD in 2016? I don't have a subscription to SOD, and I can't afford to buy an issue at the store! You could also message me too!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Next time I'm in the store and if I still see it I'll pick it up and check it. All I ever see anymore is just SID with misleading headlines. 

SOD use to be the gold standard of soap mags IMHO compared to SOW, SOU, SID, Soap Opera News etc. but after I gave up my subscription in 2005 I never looked back. I think the last SOD issue I actually brought was the surprising Jacqueline Courtney tribute issue in 2010. It was very surreal to see Steve and Alice on the front cover of the magazine and too read Paul Rauch actually had very fond memories of Courtney. 

• Members

LMAO!

I remember a decade plus ago, when I didn't have a car, I would still walk to the store that wasn't near or easy to get to at all, in all kinds of insane weather, to pick up a copy. It gave me such pleasure, even though daytime had regressed majorly by then. Now, I won't even pick up the copy to read in the store. LOL

• Members

DAYS related
"Daniel Dies" as Best Umbrella Story

Chase raping Ciara as Worst Story 

Hope killing Stefano as Best Secret

Nicole and Deimos as Worst Couple

Belle/Phillip/Shawn as Worst Triangle 

Aiden as Worst Return

Abby on as Best Goodbye 

Summer as Worst New Character 

The Kiriakises as Most Rejuvenated Family

John is a Robicheaux as Most Preposterous Story

honorable mention to Thaao Penghlis (Andre) as best scene stealer 

honorable mention to Jennifer popping pills as best addiction story

B&B related

SOD named boldandbeautiful best show

SOD names Brooke/Bill/Katie as Best Triangle

SOD names Quinn kidnaps Liam as Most Shocking Plot Twist

SOD names Douglas' Paternity as Worst Secret

SOD names Eric as Most Rejuvenated Character

SOD gives Katie from boldandbeautiful the worst addiction story

SOD gives an honorable mention to Nicole & Zende as most tortured Couple

SOD gives honorable mention Maya, Rick & Ivy as most wasted characters

trying to find the others

• Members

IA with alot of the Days ones except for Daniel Dies, TP as scene stealer and Jen's addition story. That story was non-existent and so poorly done. It wasnt anything amazing but B&B did better with Katie

Zende and Nicole as most tortured couple? All their problems were their own doing and they didnt really go through much. They spent the entire summer on the backburner. Sasha was the main nemesis torturing them....okay. That category seemed to have been written for Steffy and Liam and all the BS the show did.

There was nothing shocking about Quinn kidnappin Liam. Thats pretty much typical Quinn. Hope murdering Stefano on Days should have been this winner

• Members

They lost me at "Daniel dies" as best umbrella story.

But thank you Cassadine for posting what you did! Appreciate it

Please register in order to view this content

I guess it's hard to really pick the "best" when all the soaps were basically trash. I'm just rolling my eyes at most of their picks already ...

Jennifer's addiction was OFF SCREEN and amounted to one episode of flashbacks we never saw to begin with and an intervention. Awful. What we SAW was good but it was hardly a story that played out onscreen.

Archived