Days: October Discussion Thread

• Members

Well, we got a cliffhanger, Andre exposed Hope in front of her family, but it still fell flat. And you had Marlena/Kayla "vanishing" with the "magician" so it wasn't an awful end to the Friday before sweeps but everything just lacks any oomph.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, the ending was okay and makes me want to watch Monday....but the whole show leading up to it was boring. Hopefully not too many people tuned out beforehand. 

But how can Patch/Kayla and John/Marlena NOT know who the magician is? Seriously??? That to me makes no sense. The mask didn't even cover his whole face and the voice was never disguised. I mean, John who just recently was talking to him over the phone wouldn't know that the magician's voice is the same guy??  

• Members

Was wondering the same about Julie and Valerie. Just did my history work on Valerie:

David Banning came back to Salem in 1975 with his girlfriend, Brooke Hamilton. He wanted to marry her but didn’t have enough money for the lifestyle Brooke was wanting. Brooke felt jealous of the closeness between David and his mother, Julie. She began to spread rumours that Julie was unfaithful to her husband, Bob Anderson and when Julie was revealed to be pregnant, Brooke led David to believe the child was Doug Williams’. David had a fallout with Julie and left furious. He had a car crash and was presumed dead.

David was saved by a young man, Danny Grant, whose sister, Valerie, was a nurse. She nursed him back to health. David decided to stay with the Grants. Brooke nearly killed herself with an overdose of sleeping pills but Mr. Grant finally told Julie and Brooke that David was alive. Julie fell down the stairs and suffered a miscarriage. Brooke found out she was pregnant with David’s baby but David had fallen in love with Valerie. David felt he had to come back home and asked Brooke to marry him. Brooke refused because of Valerie but David found out she was not pregnant at all and he broke up with her.

In early September 1976, David asked Valerie to marry him. Brooke lost her mother, Adele, who revealed on her deathbed that Bob Anderson was Brooke’s biological father. David spent time comforting Brooke. The Grants tried to convince Valerie she was making a mistake marrying David. David thought Valerie was choosing her family over his and he slept with young Trish Clayton, who lost her virginity with him. Valerie and David finally reconcilied after David admitted his one-night-stand but didn’t reveal the identity of the girl.

In April 1977, Valerie won a scholarship to a southern college and didn’t know if she had to marry David or finish college first. Meanwhile, Brooke found out Trish was pregnant with David’s baby and gladly told Valerie. Valerie immediately cancelled her wedding plans and left for Washington in June.

Valerie visited her brother in August and insisted she had called it quits with David who urged Trish to marry him. She visited again in January 1978 and realized David was right to marry Trish. She came back next time during Summer 1978 when Mr. Grant passed away. David comforted her but she left for Washington for good.

Valerie Grant came back unexepectedly in Salem in November 1981 and met Sgt. Abe Carver. She became an intern at the medical center. Jake was on the run from the police who accused him of being the serial killer who haunted Salem. Abe placed Val’s pad under police watch. Valerie admitted she aided a wounded David and Abe cooled his relationship with her. At hospital, Valerie became opponent to Dr. Neil Curtis and started investigating the deaths to help clean David. When the real murdered, Jake Kositchek, was arrested, David told Valerie he was not interested in their relationship and Valerie dated Abe more seriously. However, Abe admitted he was not ready to marry. She split with him and applied for a New York job on May 1982.

• Members

As a Melrose fan (note screenname), I'd take Thomas as David. I'd love for David to come back into town with a not-so-dead Renee DiMera (Philece Sampler) whom Stefano has been hiding from Andre since Andre "killed" her when he wasn't supposed to have. Now Renee is tired of hiding and wants her place back in the DiMera family. With Leann Hunley around as Anna and Thaao still as Andre they could bring up a lot of history. Plus, Renee was always a good friend of Marlena's and hated Julie. 

Everytime i see Thaao Penghis as Andre i get pissed that Dena Higley killed Tony. Andre is just a nasty unlikable character. But i'm glad Andre exposed that hypocrite fancy face. Those Chad and Gabi scenes are unbearable. A Halloween episode with no Halloween music played

Please register in order to view this content

It's been a year and Vivian Jovanni hasn't improved. The stuff with Orpheus kidnapping Marlena and Kayla is so cartoonish. Everything comes across as played out and lackluster.At least Kayla isn't wearing her dew rag.

Archived