GH: October Discussion

• Members

I wouldn't even insult people like Reilly, Monty and even McTavish by saying the show is plot driven.  Because they at least brought excitement.  It's just the same lame that Passanante has brought to each of her crappy stints as HW.  Boring and full of people no one cares about being propped.  GH closing should matter, even in a plot driven story.  Instead we have terrible characters eating the show.  At least with Guza and Phelps the show looked better and the scenes had more weight.  I hated them too, but this is just bland and ugly and missing core people.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The sense of urgency about GH closin is completely missing. Scenes with Lucy and some day player don't help.

How many scenes did we need with Paul holding that needle to Tracy's neck? Total waste, since we all knew nothing would happen to Tracy. Paul's rationale for killing? Ridiculous, which renders the entire storyline a bust. Burgi is a good actor, but I don't care about his character enough to care if he's cut from the cast.

Scotty is definitely written as a cartoon buffoon, but honestly, that's been the case for more years than I can count. 

I don't like Morgan, yet I'm repulsed by the story with Ava messing with his medication. There's something so ugly about it, and to me it makes Ava impossible to redeem.

This entire show is an effing mess.

• Members

I gotta LOL at how Anna is back for three episodes, more like 3 minutes on the show and cracks the case of the hospital killer. Jordan did better when she wasn't on the PCPD. It's like anyone who joins the PD becomes automatically braindead.

• Members

I think when writers and producers see how good Kin Shriner is with comedy, they are quick to capitalize on that.  I would love to see him, as Scotty, visit Heather and let them trade barbs like they did in the old days,  Generally, comedic actors do not get the recognition in soaps like they should.  The awards usually go to actresses who chew scenery, at least as far as I can recall.

• Members

Everyone's said it all with the Paul thing. The climax was soooo bad. You have Anna out of nowhere solving it like superwoman, poor Dillon trying to show emotion and cry, Burgi overacting this dreck and poor Jane Elliot waiting to retire ... All Pissy did was borrow her Rick Decker/ATWT/Barbara plot.

I like Griffin but this Claudette/Nathan/Maxie thing just keeps going in circles. Now there's a daughter. Now she's attached to Valentin. MAKE IT STOP!! LOL Anything to get another pet to stick.

Speaking of pets, can we just name Nelle as Nina's coma baby and call it a day with her [!@#$%^&*] baby plot?

Jordan is such a bitch to Curtis, LOL. She wants him ... I'd like to see them together. Andre's always wanted Anna ....

So, Jonny, where's Laura and that big story? She appeared ONCE in September.

Morgan/Bryan leaving can't come soon enough. I'm so tired of the medication plot and his screaming and it's just another plot that keeps going in circles. Wash/rinse/repeat.

They keep writing Ava into a damn corner ... they still have no idea what to do with her. I like Maura/Kin together. I like that Kin and Scotty are on more, and while the writing for Scott has left a lot to be desired for a long time now, maybe it's Kin who plays him buffonish? And I see they are using Lynn and Lucy and having her pop up again.

• Members

Now at least Dillon looked good….LOL. Jane Elliot looked so bored during those scenes. And yes Pissy once again did Rick Decker/Barbara plot…..and I guess GH has stopped making Todd I mean Roger Howarth not look like Todd. Why does RH have his hair 90's redux Todd Manning style? He looks damn awful…..LOL

• Members

I think GH knows they have something special in KIn Shriner, and that's why producer after producer bring Scotty back again and again.   He is just such a perfect character that you can plug into any story because he literally likes nobody and nobody likes him.   That makes him fit in to share scenes with everyone from Sonny to Anna to Laura and any other character along the way.   Has he been on a lot?    I think it was Rick Hearst who said in some interview somewhere that it doesn't feel like GH unless Scotty is KS is somewhere on set.

• Members

Also, his character is one of the three characters left on the show that was created by Frank and Doris Hursley (Lesley and Audrey are the others), so the character of Scotty has roots in the early days of General Hospital.  I hope they do use Kin Shriner more often, and in a way befitting the character of Scotty's history.

Archived