Y&R: Justin Hartley OUT As Adam

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He was the best Adam, along with Engen. Hartley evolved the character, made him human and layered and not just a fan-servicing quip machine. He is very talented, too talented to be in Daytime, I'm afraid. I wish him luck on his new show.

• Members

Thank you!  Its time to give this character a rest!  I loved Engen in the role, but Adam needs to be gone for at least 2 years.  Even if Hartley's show tanks (and I hope it doesn't), Adam is not needed back on this show.  It was ridiculous to sign Justin to play such a popular character for only a year.  Just ridiculous!  

To make Chloe go bat chit over Adam is ridiculous, expecially when the real culprit, Billy, is treated like a victim in all this.  It was only to keep Adam front and center.  And if the spoiler is true, MY has a few failures to his jacket already in regards to YR.  

• Members

Leave the character dead.  I'm tired of the character.  Be done.  Hartley did OK (I wasn't watching except for the last few weeks of the last Adam) but the character adds way too much angst the way it was written.  Now if they could just back seat Peter Bergman and Eric Braeden for awhile...and do some serious work with some other characters and actually make them LIKEABLE.  The show is way way too dark, even for Y&R.  There's zero fun day in, day out.  Everyone is miserable.  They need to lighten it up here and there. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

not really. I think it's prob. because you like the actor that you say this. But IMO Hartley's Adam was FORCED from the start and had be rolling my eyes the entire time at how the show literally tried to make everyone seem WORSE in order to raise Adam up - there was no redemption. It was pathetic. 

• Members

not really. I think it's prob. because you like the actor that you say this. But IMO Hartley's Adam was FORCED from the start and had be rolling my eyes the entire time at how the show literally tried to make everyone seem WORSE in order to raise Adam up - there was no redemption. It was pathetic. 

• Members

but the fact is he didn't 'make Adam human again' - the writers didn't even try to make him human - they just white washed all his sins by making the rest of the cast do even more gross things to pit them on even footing. So clearly you just liked the actor regardless of whether or not you'd seen him in anything before. 

i mean I STILL don't see Chloe as a villain. What she did was right on, and she should have done worse. 

• Members

Anyone who believes Adam will stay dead for long is delusional - he is the male catalyst for the show - and makes the Newman children interesting since Abby has been declawed and the other two - well really! Anyway, giving the character a rest is good but no way is Victor Adam Newman Jr dead. 

I actually have enjoyed Chloe's deep seated hatred. Yes it's been over-the-top, but the circumstances after Delia's death and how Adam handled it, wouldn't lend so easily to forgiveness. Plus EH can pull it off. She's not some one-note villain - we can see her conflict re Chelsea all over her face. EH's return has been surprisingly good. Now wait until the Bella shoe drops.... 

Archived