Y&R: Justin Hartley OUT As Adam

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Even though I no longer watch daytime soaps, I thought it was a nice touch by Hartley to write a thank you note to fans. It's also a savvy one since he is well aware of how loyal and supportive soap fans can be toward their favorite actors. When I saw the preview for his new series months ago, I knew he wasn't long for Y&R.

• Members

I'm not surprised, though it's always a little disappointing, it couldn't be worked out for him to do both shows maybe.....but that was a very classy letter, and I will admit he helped me invest more into Adam's character, after never giving a Sh*t, about Engen's or Muhney's portrayal.....

with that said, I know this won't happen, knowing this show,  but they are better off never bringing Adam back in any shape or form....

• Members

JH is a class act. I'm glad they kept it secret until after the story played out - a rarity these days. He was great in the role, but as we've seen with 3 excellent actors - Adam is a role that works with the right casting. I kind of figured it was the end during his last scene with MCE because they both seemed extra emotional (especially considering that Adam and Chelsea were planning on reuniting after she took care of Connor). JH did a fantastic job, but I think we knew he'd move on when primetime called again. 

I'm sure they will wait to see if his show ends up getting picked up for entire season before they start recasting. 

• Members

I was surprised the show was able to nab Hartley and then very pleasantly on how Hartley, even with the terrible writing transformed Adam into a haunted, likeable anti-hero far from what we ever saw from Muhney.

It's going to be rough to recast Adam. It's going to take a more accomplished actor to take the role and just throwing someone like James Scott in the role. 

I am sad to see Hartley go and wish him the best of luck for his new show. As for his exit story it should have been better, a lot better!

• Members

Does Engen even still act anymore? It seems to long ago and he was unfairly rumored to be homophobic(when really he opposed  the whole causing Ashley's miscarriage!). Given that fact Hartley made the character Adam rather viable again was a feat it would be nice to have Engen back if the show could he probably fit right back in. 

Archived