GH: Jean and Shelly interview with Michael Fairman

• Members

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/general-hospital/the-shelly-altman-and-jean-passanante-interview-general-hospital/2016/06/22/

What a wonderful interview with these ladies. They are such smart women and so impressed with Jean and Shelly is little doll baby. I love hoe Shelly stressed umbrella storytelling. I think it's cute Jean gave Finn a lizard and talking about the Nina transformation and three magical nurses ball. It's almost been year since smarttv aren't we a lucky bunch.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

JP: "Sometimes it’s so much fun to pair people who seem so unlikely, than people who do seem likely."

And now we understand why she paired Brooke English (on AMC) with the drunk driver who had killed her daughter.

Trust me, she's better off.

A flaming tub of lard Huxley campying it up. The Ginger Wretch having sex fantasies of Franco as a pirate. Hammy and Roxie the lizard. The inept triangle with bratty bipolar man/child Morgan basic Kiki and generic Dillon. Jelly are hacks GH is doomed. GH reminds me of ATWT and GL in their last years. Jean and Shelly might be intelligent women but they sure lack writing talent.

• Members

From the interview:

SHELLY:

Frank Valentini (executive producer, GH) said to us, ‘What kind of a character do you see Claudette as?’ And we answered, “Bree Williamson!”  We didn’t realize we would be lucky enough to get Bree Williamson!  We really did think “a Bree Williamson” type.

and

JEAN:

Yup, I wanted him to have a lizard.  We wanted a thing to set him apart and make him a distinctive character, and who knows how that lizard could impact story as we move along!

Um, yeah..."intelligent" is not the 1st word that comes to my mind when it comes to those two. It's not even among the 1st 100 words that come to mind.

(Maybe if they were to write Bree as the lizard...at least I could then credit them for thinking outside the box. Although it still wouldn't result in a well written story.)

• Members

I am not watching live, I mostly just watch here and there from youtube clips, but I actually think they've done a fairly decent job of making Nikolas interesting, making Jason a real person, and giving Sam a real job. From what I have seen I actually like a little bit of what Maxie and Lulu have done story wise, and I think Rebecca Budig is doing something semi worthwhile with her storyline. Liz is stupid, but that's been the case for over a decade now so no true change.

It's not knock it out of the park wonderful but the first time in a long time I feel like we could potentially go somewhere better post Guza/Carlivati. I'll take creatively middling over mass destruction any day of the week.

Archived