GH: May 2016 Discussion Thread

• Members

The reason for Nathan in the doctor's changing quarters was ridiculous. Then Nathan just completely taking off the tee for no reason. I kept waiting for Griffin and Nathan to make out. I mean the looks both were giving each other…LOL. I am sure FV was smiling from ear to ear. 

And Maxie? In the changing quarters too?? Crazy

For some reason I was thinking that too…..I thought I am sure Jean will soon rip off Bradley Bell's fail attempt at doing a trans story…..so then Duke had a daughter and not a son?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:lol: I want to support these trans stories, but until they start using trans actors, I'm just not having it.  Maya was never a guy, we all know it because we have eyes and ears. Griffin was never a woman for that same reason. I'm sorry, these soaps need to stop trying to have it both ways. If they want to go there, let's really go there.

• Members

They don't necessarily have to hire trans actors for the stories but play all the beats of the story. Don't tell it one sided…..oh everyone is going to hate me because I am trans…..NO we love you…..awwwww…end of story. That is NOT playing all the beats…and yes I am  looking at you B&B. 

• Members

The part I call some BS on is showing us people who "pass" completely. I just think it ignores the real struggle people go through, even once the transition is complete. So at the very least I need them to show me opposite sex actors. This is why I think the Zarf story on AMC was miles above the ones we are getting now.

• Members

There's absolutely no excuse for this in 2016. I can give B&B a pass because at least they're giving black actors more chances and it would be unfair to pooh-pooh that, but a generic white guy is a different story entirely. And I like Matt Cohen (from his Supernatural work, anyway), but that's just absolutely silly and insulting. 

• Members

I don't think this has anything to do with either one of them being gay or trans.  IMO it's because Nathan caught Griffin in bed with his wife, and shot him.  It was probably dark, and Nathan didn't see his face.

Peavey looks awkward and wooden when his making out with Maxie. I could just imagine Peavey kissing a dude. Still i would love to see it. Maybe a passionate kiss from Griffette will finally bring the mannequin to life. I would love to see Nathan kick that annoying twit Maxie to the curb and get back together with Griffette.

• Members

I've been seeing the rumor that Griffen is trans... I don't see it. These writers are hacks...I can see him having been in the seminary at some point though, with all the preaching he does. I also wish this Claudette story never started. The cast is bloated enough without yet another character I don't give a s*it about...

I did like new character Amy, though. 

• Members

Please let the "Griffin is trans" rumor be just that.  GH (or any other soap) is in NO position to tell that story properly.  With FV as EP and Jean and Shelly as HW's, it would be your quintessential hot bubbling mess.

• Members

Yes, the "feminist" Pissy would never write a trans story well. My God. Can you imagine? I mean, even "lauded" B&B was a bit of a travesty with their handling of it. It was nothing but a plot device "look at us" media blitz that lasted a few weeks. She's had less airtime IMO since the reveal even though they seemed to want to push her as the lead. So, I don't trust these soaps to handle it well at all. Sometimes I want them to really go out there and do what they used to do but with these writers it's clear the soap tropes and cliches are what we're going to get.

Anyway, Alexis remains a joke, Julian remains a waste, Molly and Kristina remain shrill and annoying .... wash rinse repeat. Can we eliminate this group? I did like Anna reading through Alexis's past and all the dead people that surround it. LOL. So how soon before Nina's on Julian's peen? Clearly they're testing them. At least the show is putting together my least favorites so I can ignore them at the same time (Dillon/Kaka, who aren't awful but soooo boring and basic; Julian/Nina).

I do like that Pissy and her co-hack booted Obrecht and Monica's back as chief of staff. I've loved Monica's significant increase in airtime but I don't trust it will last. I hope it does. I'll give them that, they're using her. And they seem to be trying to sprinkle in Scotty, Ric, Kevin ... even though it should be more than cameos. Scott and Ava had potential but Ava's lingering on the backburner, like off the stove back-burner. I'd much rather see Ava than Nina screaming at someone because her life is just soooo sucky that day.

Maxie and Woodpile remain incredibly boring. I like Griffin but don't really care about any of it. I'm not sure what they want to do with him but I have a hard time seeing this regime writing for more than the other gays. It took them a while to remember Brad, Felix is getting a little more airtime and is much more tolerable, and Lucas gets really nothing. It's too bad. So I can't see them making Griffin gay, but who knows? I wouldn't object ;)

Frank must have loved yesterday's episode. I wonder if it was a special request?

Ugh. I really don't want Franco and Liz. No thanks. I mean, the art angle could have worked but there's just no investment in Liz as a character and her relationships are always set up to be doomed from the start. I feel like they're trying Howarth and Stafford anywhere with anyone to make it work and it just isn't. When will SOMEONE recognize this?

Archived