EW: Soap characters who got away with their crimes

• Members

But put a gay character on, and you better tread lightly! Suddenly the audience has moral issues with the storytelling. 

It would be interesting to compile a list of those who went away for their crimes, and later brought back (whether it be a year or ten years later). Also, how many got away with murder by reason of temporary insanity? GL's Meta and DAYS' Susan Hunter, for starters... 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Reading up on Meta or Susan's history, you really can't blame them for going off the rocker and killing their exes. Both of their men did things (accidentally killing their sons) that resulted in them shooting them dead. Same with Pat on AW killing her lover, Tom Baxter, who pushed her to getting an abortion, which resulted in her being sterile for awhile. I'm sure they were all written to pay for their sins in some other form. 

Characters nowadays never pay for their sins and it is frustrating. Even hearing that Victor went to prison for his recent incident, I'm sure he'll get out and run Newman again. 

Question can felons even run fortune 500 companies after their stints in prison? 

• Members

This story is the main reason why I hate Nikki. Before, I couldn't stand her ass. After that story, I hated her ass. Especially, when everyone demonized Diane and made Nikki be a victim. Mainly Jack and Victor--two men, who once loved Diane dearly. I also hated how MAB made Kyle forgive Nikki so easily. Had someone killed my mother and got off, I'd make their lives miserable to the end of time. I hate how they quickly made him a Nikki apologist. Same with Abby becoming a Nikki & Victoria apologist after all the heinous sh-t those two did to her mother. Both of them bitches would stay getting the business. 

• Members

I remember Craig going to prison for quite a while, He was still there when Steve and Betsy got married, (ATWT)

Speaking of Steve Andropolous, he must have set the record for doing jail time for his crime. I think he's STILL in that Greek prison.

• Members

Well, what's more annoying? Major characters never getting punished for their crimes, or major crimes committed by minor characters?

Can someone remind me what GL's Billy did to get sent away? Was that for trying to kill Roger?

Archived