Y&R: February 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

YRBB, after reading all these posts, I think it's pretty hilarious and jaw-dropping that you don't KNOW how condescending you are. It's your business, of course, but you should at least take a look at others' perceptions of you.

Just because you and the majority on this board think that YR is a [!@#$%^&*]-show doesn't make it so. It's your opinion. It's not fact. Yet, you post as if you're some all-knowing Voice of Daytime Drama -- while belittling the views of anyone who disagrees with you.

We know you think YR is dreck. Believe me, WE KNOW. Why GH has to be thrown into your analysis -- equating GH fans to YR fans -- is the question. It just comes across as more condescension.

Come after me if you like. I don't care. I know I've set myself up for it. I also know I've posted my own share of snark and condescension on soap boards. At least I know what I'm doing and admit it.

• Members

This little back and forth only started because of you doing exactly that.

Its not though. Again, I've never had a problem with people not liking the show. I've never attacked people because of it and I've never told anyone to stop posting either. 

Most of the people who post in this thread take the show for the mindless trash it is and comment accordingly, so I'm not sure why you keep trying to put me in the shamed minority box. There is no honor to defend, no embarrassment on my part because I've consistently talked about how dumb and ridiculous the writing is. You can be as bitter as you want about the current state of the show/soaps overall. I don't take this medium seriously enough anymore to care, but I'm also not in here telling anyone their opinion of the show is wrong so I resent being accused of doing so. 

I simply say what I think about it day to day and move alongI've always used the word "well" to start off posts and then state what I liked, disliked, and found entertaining in an episode. I'm not going to stop just because you're reading some kind of attack into it.

• Members

I liked most of the scenes including Nikki, only because Melody did a good job. Some of the others... not so much. Sharon and Nick sharing scenes is a plus, and Mariah's sudden absence is a minus. Overall, IMO, the show is an absolute trainwreck, but small bits and pieces work.

• Members

Finally.  FINALLY.  Nikki is saying what we've been wanting for months IRT Phyllis and Marco.  I thoroughly enjoyed all of MTS's scenes today.  I don't get why Phyllis was so upset at Nikki and Neil knowing about Marco.  Why?

GT and JT have off the charts chemistry.  

So now Luca wants to get on Victors good side - or is that a put on to get closer to Summer?  It's hard to tell.

It appears Sharon is back on her meds, as far as I can tell.  There's a noticeable lack of concern or discussion about what happened to Dr.  Anderson a few weeks ago.  Have they even had Patty on since her "confession"?

I have to say, GT in the last scene today was compelling.  

• Members

I think maybe Phyllis felt embarrassed or even ashamed of the Marco situation. I'm not saying she should feel that, but if I were sexually assaulted I don't think I'd want other people to know. At least, I wouldn't want them to know unless it were on my terms. I'd want control over who knows, instead of my husband running around town telling people.

The baby who "plays" Christian is adorable.

• Members

As I predicted, sure Chelsea is upset but I so knew there would be little repercussion to the fact of Adam telling the truth to Chelsea about Christian's true paternity. It was a weird thing for Victor to even hold over Adam because I so knew that Chelsea would be barely mad over it. 

• Members

Jack really is the town meemaw. What a gossip. Has he told everybody about Phyllis's ordeal yet? Yes? No? 

I used to *love* Chelsea and JH's Adam but lately I am not feeling the chemistry. :(

I have a horrible feeling that the next few episodes are specially crafted for Eric Braeden's 'Emmy reel'...

Archived