ALL: Hair That Makes (or Breaks) the Man

• Members

With people talking about Jason Thompson's shabby, shaggy 'do for his new role that makes him look older/dirty/etc., what other guys (or gals?) can routinely go from chic to shabby with a quick snip of the scissors, razor blades, etc.? 

The first two that come to mind for me are: 

Please register in order to view this content

versus  

Joshua Morrow 

versus 

Ricky Paull Goldin 

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, Joshua Morrow changes drastically when he does that ridiculous long-haired, unshaven look. Yuck.

Much like his onscreen daddy. For me there has always been a huge difference between this

Eric_Braeden_-_Monte-Carlo_Television_Fe ERIC+BRAEDEN+Signing+Golden+Book+Hamburg

disgusting cow lick thing he's been doing for years

and this

eric_braeden_2006_07_30.jpg

• Members

A generalization, sure, but it's interesting how long hair seems to age men while short hair seems to age women.  Years of watching OLTL and AMC in particular, I noticed how the longer hair pulled down young men's faces while the shorter cuts looked fresh/squeaky/youthful.  DF, JPL, JY come to mind...

I loved RS's bountiful auburn weave of the early '90s.  She and SL both went shorter that decade, and while they were still beautiful, I think "bigger" hair always looked better on them, like JW mentioned above.

Jane Elliott, Linda Dano, and Louise Sorel sure rocked the hell out of Sassoon cuts.  Gillian Spencer, Jennifer Bassey too...

• Members

With some ladies, a shorter 'do helps maintain a more youthful appearance, I think. In Susan Lucci's case, I think she made a good decision in the mid/late 90's to cut her hair for awhile, because it was starting to look thinner. 

I wonder how Marj Dusay would've looked had she grown her hair back out in the early 00's. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived