DAYS: Actor Leaving

• Members

JJ was supposed to be a movie star and a huge teen icon and all the rest. Instead his biggest role was in some flop movie and in that Connie Britton show watched by about 40 people. I think he has a lot of talent, but his second run showed how often it is limited. 

If you wish we could replace him with Filler Miller, another who was supposed to become a huge star, yet is instead cashing a check on a show which apparently serves little meaning to him beyond helping to pay his food bills.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think JJ left GH too early and thus failures in making it big. It probably did go to his head…I do wish he would cut his hair though….LOL

Miller has been on what 3 soaps? AMC, Y&R and now GH?  I haven't been impressed with his acting in any shows so I was shocked when he was rewarded for an Emmy for his Y&R work. I found him rather attractive during his AMC run but now even that has gone down the tubes…he has gotten so pudgy….LOL

• Members

Ha. Thanks Carl :wub: Of course I agree with you. I do like Jackson a bit more than you do but totally agreed on the overrated actor bit. I started laughing when Jackson's tears started flowing when he returned for Puke's send-off. And I agree with the others that Jackson left GH too quickly. I don't recall him doing really anything until all of a sudden he was back on GH and then went to Nashville, which isn't exactly setting the ratings world on fire.

Vaughan did do good work when given the material. The writing ultimately did him no favors and his lack of interest and dislike for the storyline (the elephant statute) didn't help. He was fairly vocal about his dislike of that, in a way, so I wonder if that did him in with the show because there was just a big shift in regards to Eric/Nicole and Daniel/Jennifer.

I can't stand Pelphrey. I think Parisse and Howarth mug and chew the scenery but they used to be able to actually pull out something good once in a while. I like Massey, and it's not all about his bulging chest, but I don't know that he necessarily earned those three Emmy's.

LOL @ the Hallmark movie talk. I can't stand those movies. So cheesy. I know there needs to be simple, family entertainment. Hallmark has done well for themselves in that arena but I just can't take them. And they are all the same. They're the new Lifetime.

And slick, I agree with you. They're dumping actors that they should have found a place for (Cosgrove turned in great work, Archer as Sarah, DePaiva, Vaughan) for their own set of soap refugees (Stowers, Irizarry, Vilasuso) who will then be axed when we get a new regime. Wash, rinse, repeat. How can we invest when we know they're all dumped in the next round?

• Members

Lol they've kind of over sensitized their movies now for the vanilla crowd that can't even handle an episode of Fraiser let alone Golden Girls. Their characters are so cookie cutter now they don't even resemble real people. I use to watch alot of Hallmark on a slow weekend but now I watch more UP because they dont shy away from real world problems in the name of family entertainment.

Archived